Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Pianist Leon Pommers accompanies violinist Nathan Milstein for this recording of four Italian Sonatas by Tartini, Vivaldi, Corelli and Geminiani.
"The emphasis here is on the violinist's playing rather than on an authentic re-creation of Baroque music and style. Conceding this limitation, much pleasure can be derived from Milstein's beautiful tone and sensitive musicianship. His accuracy of pitch and control of the bow are virtually perfect. He can spin a melody so that it floats effortlessly and can play runs with awesome virtuosity. Pommers gives him able support and the recording is elegantly balanced." - Stereo Review
• Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
• Audiophile mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
• Analogue mastering from the original masters of Universal Music
• Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
• Obi strip
Nathan Milstein, violin
Leon Pommers, piano
Giuseppe Tartini (1692-1770)
1. Sonata In G Minor ("The Devil's Trill")
Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
2. Sonata In A Major, Opus 2 No. 2
Arcangelo Corelli (1653-1713)
1. La Follia, Opus 5 No. 12
Francesco Geminiani (1687-1762)
2. Sonata In A Major, Opus 4 No. 10