Canvasback Music / Atlantic Records is proud to announce a new album celebrating the extraordinary work of multimedia artist, singer, songwriter, and activist Yoko Ono. Imagined and curated by Benjamin Gibbard (lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter of Death Cab For Cutie), Ocean Child: Songs of Yoko Ono is comprised of 14 all-new versions of Ono's tracks performed by a diverse range of rising artists and legendary stars including David Byrne, Japanese Breakfast, The Flaming Lips, Sharon Van Etten, Jay Som, and more.
A portion of the proceeds from the record will be going to WhyHunger, a non-profit organization Ono has supported for decades in their efforts to transform our food system by building social justice and striking at the root causes of hunger and poverty. Ocean Child: Songs of Yoko Ono arrives on the artist's 89th birthday.
Ocean Child: Songs of Yoko Ono illuminates Ono's often unsung influence on the last few generations of indie rock by collecting covers from across her wide discography, performed by artists who are fans and followers....[A] fitting tribute to an artist who's challenged herself and her audiences for the entirety of a lifelong career, and inspired entire sects of music in the process.
- Vinyl LP
- Curated by Benjamin Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie)
- A portion of proceeds from the album will benefit Why Hunger
- Made in Canada
- Toyboat - Sharon Van Etten
- Who Has Seen The Wind? - David Byrne with Yo La Tengo
- Dogtown - Sudan Archives
- Waiting For The Sunrise - Death Cab For Cutie
- Yellow Girl (Stand By For Life) - Thao
- Born In A Prison - U.S. Girls
- Growing Pain - Jay Som
- Listen, The Snow Is Falling - Stephin Merritt
- No, No, No - Deerhoof
- Don't Be Scared - We Are KING
- Mrs. Lennon - The Flaming Lips
- Nobody Sees Me Like You Do - Japanese Breakfast
- There's No Goodbye Between Us - Yo La Tengo
- Run Run Run - Amber Coffman