Bright Size Life is Pat Metheny's debut album, released in 1976 on ECM, when Metheny was 21. The album features Jaco Pastorius on bass and Bob Moses on drums.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
Having crisscrossed America to the tune of 250 to 300 one-nighters a year while getting their sound and repertoire together, the Pat Metheny Group struck gold with this self-titled jazz-fusion classic in 1978. All the familiar components that have defined their evolution over the last 20 years are in place on Pat Metheny Group: the leader's dark, reverberant electric guitar sound and graceful acoustic colorations; pianist Mays's blend of Presbyterian hymnbook major-chord hosannas, Bill Evans-styled minor mystery, and orchestral synthesizer effects; the rolling, cymbal-inflected groove of Dan Gottlieb; and the Jaco Pastorious-influenced melodic bass lines of Mark Egan. On 'San Lorenzo' and 'Phase Dance' the band defined their anthemic blend of electric jazz, progressive rock, and roots Americana, while the countrylike intro to 'Jaco,' the sublime acoustic romance of 'April Wind' and the brisk jazz samba changes of 'Lone Jack' (with the leader's jaunty, lightly echoed melodic lead) speak to Metheny's interest in a wide range of source material - with a commitment to both extended forms and the art of improvisation.
- Super High Material Super Audio CD
- SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
- Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou', which minimizes diffuse reflection
- Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
- This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
|Pat Metheny||6-string guitar, electric 12-string guitar|
- Bright Size Life
- Unity Village
- Missouri Uncompromised
- Midwestern Nights Dream
- Unquity Road
- Omaha Celebration
- Round Trip / Broadway Blues