This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The dazzling sound and enigmatic performances of Patricia Barber's latest jazz spellbinders Clique! and Higher are the first of our newest high-end audio offering: Reel-to-reel tapes! We've given the same "Impex Treatment" into very small runs of 15 IPS, 1/4" tapes as our LPs and digital products, making Impex REELS a step-above.
Renowned mastering engineer Scott Hull at Masterdisk will record Jim Anderson's original 32 bit/352.8 kHz DXD masters directly to tape with no additional processing. What you hear on Impex REELS is exactly what Anderson and Ms. Barber intended.
Impex REELS are made to order, one at a time, transferred and assembled by hand. Each package includes two 15 IPS 1/4" tapes in individual boxes, complete large-format booklets from the LP versions, a deluxe tip-on printed case for each reel in the set, and a certificate of authenticity from Scott Hull.
As with every record we make, everything is done to enhance the enveloping sound and the emotional pull of singular works by the greatest talents. Clique! and Higher as the premier releases of Impex REELS open a spectacular new chapter in our odyssey of redefining definitive, as well as a superlative listening experience for Patricia Barber fans and audiophiles alike.
** It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- Master Quality Reel To Reel Tapes
- Made to Order, One at a Time
- Two Reels
- Stereo 15 IPS 1/4" IEC CCR
- Jim Anderson's Original 32 bit/352.8 kHz DXD Masters Recorded Directly to Tape with No Additional Processing
- Recorded by Renowned Mastering Engineer Scott Hull at Masterdisk
- Transferred & Assembled by Hand
- Large-Format Booklet from the LP Version
- Deluxe Tip-On Printed Case for Each Reel in the Set
- Certificate of Authenticity from Scott Hull
|Patricia Barber||piano, vocals|
|Neal Alger||acoustic guitar|
|Jim Gailloreto||tenor saxophone|
|Katherine Werbiansky||lyric soprano|
- Pallid Angel
- The Opera Song
- High Summer Season
- The Albatross Song
- Early Autumn
- In Your Own Sweet Way
- Secret Love
- The Opera Song (with Katherine Werbiansky)