Paura, a new collection of previously unreleased and rare tracks from Italian horror soundtracks remastered from the CAM Sugar archives, will be released in October 2021. The spine-tingling compilation, which features 11 previously unreleased tracks, explores the many different faces of Italian horror cinema and their soundtracks, spanning the esoteric and supernatural features of the 1970s to the slasher and splatter films of the 1980s.
Paura includes some of the most creative and terrifying compositions ever written for Italian horror films and features well-known composers, including Ennio Morricone, Riz Ortolani and Stelvio Cipriani, as well as long-forgotten personalities who represented the backbone of Italian cinema including Daniele Patucchi, Marcello Giombini and Berto Pisano. The exceptional guests include Edda Dell'Orso, vocalist of Ennio Morricone, and Goblin, the prog rock band renowned for their collaboration with Dario Argento.
Franco Micalizzi's "Bargain with the Devil #3", from Chi Sei?, which was sampled by hip-hop legend Pete Rock in Kali Uchis's song "After the Storm" featuring Tyler The Creator and Bootsy Collins, one of the many tracks from CAM's archives to be sampled by acclaimed contemporary artists, is also featured on Paura, released for the first time on vinyl.
Paura features an eclectic menu of Italian horror delights including enigmatic vocals, childlike lullabies, romantic melodies, obsessive rhythms, haunting percussion, and threatening synthesizers, creating a hypnotic, sonic journey into a labyrinth of fear.
Between the late 1950s and the mid-1980s Italian horror, one of the most iconic and globally-acclaimed genres in the history of cinema, fascinated the world long before becoming the main competitor of American cinema. Their soundtracks, like the films themselves, have been collected and venerated over the years by a cult fandom across the globe. Their appeal is a result of their often artisanal approach, underground attitude, and groundbreaking musical and cinematic innovations.
CAM Sugar is undoubtedly the most extensive and representative catalog of Italian original soundtracks, and the winner of over 500 international awards including an Oscar for Best Original Score for Il Postino.
- Double Vinyl LP
- Rare & Previously Unreleased Tracks
- Ennio Morricone - Mio Caro Assassino from Mio Caro Assassino / My Dear Killer (1971)
- Bruno Nicolai - La Notte che Evelyn Uscì dalla Tomba (Long Version) feat. Edda Dell'Orso - from La Notte che Evelyn Uscì dalla Tomba / The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (1971)
- Bruno Nicolai - La Dama Rossa Uccide Sette Volte (Edit) - from La Dama Rossa Uccide Sette Volte / The Red Queen Kills Seven Times (1972)
- Stelvio Cipriani - Tribal Shake - from Reazione a Catena / A Bay of Blood (1971)
- Stelvio Cipriani - Il Sesso del Diavolo (Finale) - from Il Sesso del Diavolo / Sex of the Devil (1971) [First Time on Vinyl]
- Stelvio Cipriani - Deviation-M1 - from Deviation (1971)
- Riz Ortolani - L'Etrusco Uccide Ancora (Titoli) - from L'Etrusco Uccide Ancora / The Dead Are Alive! (1972)
- Daniele Patucchi - Giallo in Tensione - from Frankenstein '80 (1972) [Previously Unreleased]
- Ennio Morricone - Ansimando feat. Edda Dell'Orso - from Macchie Solari / Autopsy (1975)
- Manuel De Sica - Black Dream - from Mystery Tour (1985)
- Paolo Gatti, Alfonso Zenga - Cerro Torre - from Cesare Maestri: Il Ragno Delle Dolomiti (1980)
- Berto Pisano - Greta - from La Morte Ha Sorriso All'Assassino / Death Smiles on a Murderer (1973)
- Sante Maria Romitelli - Bambola Sensuale - from La Rossa dalla Pelle che Scotta / The Sensuous Doll (1972) [Previously Unreleased]
- Adolfo Waitzman - Languidamente - from Pensione Paura / Hotel Fear (1978)
- Nico Fidenco - Il Demonio in Convento - from Immagini di un Convento / Images in a Convent (1979) [First Time on Vinyl]
- Ettore De Carolis - Flavour of Death - from Il Cavaliere, La Morte e Il Diavolo (1983)
- Marcello Giombini - Un Gioco per Eveline-M11 - from Un Gioco per Eveline (1971) [Previously Unreleased]
- Carlo Maria Cordio - Absurd - from Rosso Sangue / Absurd (1981)
- Stelvio Cipriani - Devil Dance performed by Goblin - from Un'Ombra Nell'Ombra / Ring of Darkness (1979)
- Daniele Patucchi - E Tanta Paura-M2 - from E Tanta Paura / Plot of Fear (1976) [Previously Unreleased]
- Marcello Giombini - Orinoco: Prigioniere del Sesso-M19 - from Orinoco: Prigioniere del Sesso (1980) [Previously Unreleased]
- Franco Micalizzi - Bargain with the Devil #3 - from Chi Sei? / Beyond the Door (1974) [First Time on Vinyl]
- Stefano Liberati - The Prophecy (Vers. A) - from I Pensieri Dell'Occhio (1978)
- Luigi Ceccarelli - Walking Through the Shadows - from Difendimi dalla Notte (1981)
- Daniele Patucchi - Minaccia Sulla Città - from Belve Feroci / Wild Beasts (1984) [Previously Unreleased]