This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This truly intimate and personal acoustic jazz album was recorded 'off the floor' on analog 1/2" tape at 30 ips, non-Dolby, with no overdubs - a wonderful spontaneous fusion of spirit.
The David Piltch & Aaron Davis duo has been appreciated by audiophiles since their early 90s' performances as part of the Holly Cole Trio in the classic albums "Don't Smoke In Bed" and "Girl Talk".
For the recording on this tape, the original 1/4" 15ips CCIR master tapes were played on a Nagra-T tape recorder, modified with high-end tube playback electronics, wired with OCC silver cables from the playback head direct to a Nick Doshi tube head preamplifier. The Nagra T, with its four direct drive motors, two pinch rollers and a tape tension head, is one of the best transports ever made. A custom-built carbon fiber head block and a head damping electronic system permit 2xHD Fusion to obtain more transparency and better 3D imaging. Your copy was recorded on a Nagra IV-S 1/4" at 15ips.
- Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
- Pure analogue copy
- 15IPS CCIR tape
- Recorded 'off the floor' on analog 1/2" tape at 30 ips - non-Dolby, no overdubs
- Transferred to Recording The Masters SM468 magnetic tape
- 2xHD mastering by René Laflamme
- 1 Reel
- Made in Canada
|David Piltch||bass, bass percussion|
- Arpeggio - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass & bass percussion; Robert Piltch, guitar
- Dance From Down Under - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass
- My Old Friend The Blues - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass
- Horizontal Blue - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass; Mark Kelso, drums
- Last Day Of Summer - Aaron Davis, piano & piano percussion; David Piltch, bass; Robert Piltch, guitar
- Newsoundland - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass & bass percussion; Robert Piltch, guitar
- Taj - Aaron Davis, piano & piano percussion; David Piltch, bass & bass percussion; Kevin Breit, guitar