Called "the Paganini of the Harmonica" by The Los Angeles Times, Robert Bonfiglio has dazzled audiences at Carnegie Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, the Gewandhaus, Teatro Colón, Teatro Massimo, Teatro Amazonas, Kennedy Center, Boston Symphony Hall, Lincoln Center and throughout the world with his ability to play harmonica concertos and turn right around and "sizzle" on the Blues.
Robert Bonfiglio has appeared as a soloist with Skitch Henderson and the New York Pops at Carnegie Hall, John Williams and the Boston Pops on PBS, John Mauceri and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, with Fabio Luisi and the MDR Orchestra at the Leipzig Gewandhaus and Theo Alcantara and the Buenos Aires Philharmonic at the Teatro Colón. At City Center he performed Vilem Tausky's "Concertino" for Harmonica and Chamber Orchestra while ballet stars Cynthia Gregory and Fernando Bujones danced the pas de deux choreographed by Lynne Taylor-Corbett.
His first RCA recording, with Gerard Schwarz and the New York Chamber Orchestra, featuring the Villa-Lobos Harmonica Concerto, was released to critical acclaim; he has performed this Concerto over 350 times with major orchestras worldwide. Bonfiglio has recorded on the RCA, Arista, CBS, Sina Qua Non, High Harmony, and QVC Labels. He performed on the Grammy winning recording, "Ragitme".
Robert Bonfiglio got his Masters degree in composition from Manhattan School of Music. He studied harmonica with Cham-ber Huang and was coached for 12 years by Andrew Lolya, the first flute of the New York City Ballet, during which time he studied the major works for harmonica and orchestra. Robert studied composition with Charles Wuorinen and Aaron Copland.
- Premium 24K Gold CD
- 32 Bits/192 kHz High Precision Mastering
- Re-mastered by Povee Chan
- Made in Japan
- Meditation From "Thais" (Massenet)
- Arioso (J.S. Bach)
- Piano Concert No.21 (Mozart)
- Through The Raindrops (Bonfiglio)
- A Whiter Shade Of Pale (Keith Reid & Gary Brooker)
- Deep Canyon Blues (Bonfiglio)
- And I Love Her (Lennon-McCartney)
- When I Fall In Love (Edward Heyman & Victor Young)
- Fleur D'Ennui (Django Reinhardt)
- True Love (Gregory Kurstin/Alecia Moore/Lily Cooper)
- (Where Do I Begin) Love Story (Taylor Swift)
- Riverside (Bonfiglio)
- Sleepwalk (John Cooper Clarke)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Paul Simon)
- Desperado (Frey, Henley)