On June 27, 2020, Rufus Wainwright performed songs from his album Unfollow The Rules in a socially-distanced acoustic format from the beautiful ballroom at the Paramour Mansion.
He explained in a statement on his website:
"I want my fans to have an opportunity to hear the music live when the album comes out. The only way we can do this responsibly during these times is with acoustic instruments, and fewer musicians in a large space, where everyone can be 6 feet or more apart, with a super small crew. Rather than attempting to imitate the sound of the album I think it's both more responsible and more creatively interesting to try something new. There are no drums, no effects, no bass, no horns, no flutes, no back-up vocals - only strings that are bowed, picked, hammered, or strummed, and my voice. Let's hope less is more. Of course, it helps that we are filming and live streaming this from the gorgeous ballroom of the Paramour Estate, a 1920s Hollywood silent film star's mansion!"
- Vinyl LP
- Unfollow The Rules (Live From The Paramour)
- Damsel In Distress (Live From The Paramour)
- This One's For The Ladies (THAT LUNGE!) [Live From The Paramour]
- My Little You (Live From The Paramour)
- Going To A Town (Live From The Paramour)
- Peaceful Afternoon (Live From The Paramour)
- Devils And Angels (Hatred) [Live From The Paramour]
- Only The People That Love (Live From The Paramour)
- Treat A Lady (Live From The Paramour)
- Happy Easter (Live From The Paramour)