180g Vinyl LP!
Beijing opera witnessed the prosperity as well as the depression of Chinese nationality over the past several centuries. Each and every element in the stage, from affluence to poverty, from great men to ordinary people, all represent the spirit essence of the nation.
As its heyday is elapsing, Beijing opera at present is confronted with the predicament that many people think it's too elegant to be appreciated. However, where there is life, there is art. Everyone needs Beijing opera, which brings a magnificent beauty accumulated in the twists and turns of the history.
Therefore, this is not so much a record as Chinese nationality's emotional embodiment carried on from generation to generation. The five main characters, the male lead, the female lead, the painted face, the middle-aged male, and clown, have always been reproducing historical events in stages and will keep doing so everlastingly.
Presenting such an overview for this unparalleled art at its most perfect required that Rhymoi Music assemble an extraordinary group of 11 famous contemporary Beijing Opera artists, working with them to select classic pieces from throughout the repertoire. By recording all of these different and subtle styles, Rhymoi hopes to have created a harmonious and valuable documentation of Chinese operatic art, both to delight Piaoyou (the seasoned Beijing opera fan) and to preserve and promote this precious heritage for future generations. Even newcomers with a basic familiarity with some of the rudimentary aspects of Chinese opera possess keys to a rich experience that would otherwise be missed and understanding some of the more common conventions opens the door to appreciation and to delight.
- 180g Vinyl LP
- Gatefold jacket with copper foil stamped text
- Made in EU
- Yumen Pass (Xiaosheng) Yu Wanzeng
- Chisang Town (Tongchui Hualian, Laodan) Kang Wansheng, Li Mingyan
- Xin'an Post (Huadan) Guan Bo
- Stealing The Double Hooks (Wuchou) Wu Jianping
- Wujia Slope (Laosheng, Qingyi) Du Peng, Wang Rongrong
- Joining Forces In The Ancient City (Hongsheng) Ye Jinyuan
- Hujia Village (Daomadan) Song Danju
- Jiujiang Port (Jiazi Hualian) Zhang Guanzheng
- Selling Water (Huadan) Guan Bo
- Huaihe Camp (Laosheng) Du Peng
- Stealing The Royal Horse (Wusheng, Jizai Hualian) Ye Jinyuan, Zhang Guanzheng
- Interrogating The Cut-Off Head And Stabbing Tang Qin (Wenchou, Qingyi) Huang Dehua, Wang Rongrong
- Entering The Palace For The Second Time (Qingyi, Laosheng, Tongchui Hualian) Wang Rongrong, Du Peng, Kang Wansheng