Pressed on High Quality 180g Split Color Double Vinyl With Frog Etching On Side 4!
Silverchair's debut album, Frogstomp, faithfully follows the alternative rock tradition of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, which means that the group of Australian teenagers winds up sounding not like their idols, but like Stone Temple Pilots and Bush. For their age, their instrumental capabilities are quite impressive, as the guitars and vocals growl with the force of rockers in their early 20s.
This album was originally released in Australia in early 1995, when the members were only 15 years of age, by Murmur Records and Epic (USA), reaching number one on the album charts. Frogstomp has been certified double platinum by the RIAA.
"Hard and heavy rock with vocals and guitar by Daniel Johns, a teenager with a voice that bears more than a slight resemblance to Eddie Vedder's. That's a plus when you've got the songwriting talent that is very apparent in the songs that comprise Frogstomp." -Music News of the World, ATN Album of the Week, May 21, 1995
• Limited Edition
• 180g Vinyl
• Split Color Vinyl: Disc 1: Translucent Red / Blue Split - Side A Red Frog Center label, Side B Blue Frog Center Label
• Disc 2: Translucent Gold / Green Split Color - Side C Gold Frog Center Label
• D-side contains Frog Etching
• Matte Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot
• Includes "Blind" the bonus track on the original pressing
• New Gatefold Artwork Layout
• Gatefold Jacket
1. Israel's Son
4. Pure Massacre
7. Leave Me Out
8. Suicidal Dream