The first stereo recording of Richard Wagner's complete Ring cycle made in the studio has since acquired a cult following and voted the "best recording of all time" twice.
As the second instalment of the legendary Solti Ring, the Walküre is released as a limited, deluxe 5LP edition. This groundbreaking recording has never sounded better, as written by the Gramophon Magazine ("It can be said in good conscience that the Solti Ring has never sounded better.")
A dream cast made out of leading Wagner singers of their day: Birgit Nilsson, James King, Régine Crespin, Gottlob Frick, Hans Hotter, Christa Ludwig and Brigitte Fassbaender.
Deluxe Vinyl Edition: LPs cut to lacquer at half-speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios, and pressed on 180gm vinyl at Optimal; poly-lined inner sleeves, lavishly illustrated and documented soft-cover booklets, housed in rigid slipcases with gold-foil accents.
The booklet contains technical notes on the new HD remastering by Decca Classics Label Director & Executive Producer Dominic Fyfe, introductions to each opera by John Culshaw, synopses in English & German, libretti (original German + English translation), original session photographs, facsimiles of Solti's and Culshaw's scores, and previously unpublished and newly discovered curios from the sessions
The greatest of all the achievements in the history of the gramophone record
No one has bettered Solti's Decca Ring in terms of sweep, scope, grandeur, dramatic immediacy, and sheer adrenalin
- Limited Edition
- 5LP Box Set
- 180g Vinyl
- Transferred & Remastered in HD Sound at 24bit/192kHz from the Original Two-Track Stereo Master Tapes
- First All-New Transfer in Over 25 Years
- Lacquers Cut Using Half-Speed Mastering Technique by Miles Showell, Abbey Road Studios
- Pressed at Optimal Media in Germany
- Rigid Slipcase with Gold Foil Accents
- Poly-Lined Inner Sleeves
- Lavishly Illustrated Booklets with Technical Info, Introduction by Producer John Culshaw, Synopses & Libretti in English & German & Previously Unpublished/Newly Discovered Curios from the Sessions
|Sir Georg Solti||conductor|