Headphones: NEW & Improved for 2008!
The STAX SR-007 Omega II Mk2 Open-Back Headphones now feature Sheep-Skin Earpads and a Real-Leather Headband for added comfort! The Earpads have a new contoured shape for better sound. The SR-007 Omega II Mk2 Open-Back Headphones also feature improved wiring for a better, more solid connection!
Powerful Sound with Utmost Delicacy
The rationale in the development of the new Omega SR-007 Mk2 Headphone was to provide deep powerful sound previously unobtainable in Earspeakers. STAX engineers developed a unique new electrode structure. Visible through the outer case, gold plated on the outer edge this new electrode has less holes than conventional STAX Earspeakers and thus provides an increases diaphragm vibration area allowing for rich and powerful sound yet retaining all the delicacy STAX is famous for.
Rigid Metal Housing
To maintain clear distortion free sound it is most important that nothing other than the diaphragm should vibrate. Within the STAX Omega SR-007 Mk2 Headphones the sound element is encased in a thick insulated resin case firmly fixed to the rigid body. The results are nothing short of spectacular.
Fully Adjustable Earpads
Utmost comfort for maximum enjoyment of your STAX Omega SR-007 Mk2 Headphones are provided with earpads that are fully adjustable to the shape of your head.
Deluxe Carrying Case
The Omega SR-007 Mk2 Headphones include a deluxe ATA Style Padded Flight Case with Gold STAX faceplate. This rigid case provides the ultimate in protection for your 007's no matter what the environment!
SR-007 Omega II Mk2 Headphones Specifications
|Type||Push-Pull Electrostatic Earspeaker|
|Frequency Response||6 - 41,000Hz|
|Impedance||170k Ohms (10kHz)|
|Sensitivity||100dB / 100V r.m.s. 1 kHz|
|Bias Voltage||580V DC Left &|
|Right Channel Identification||Left (L) and Right (R) indicators are provided at the cable entrance points on the Earspeakers. Left channel cable is marked with a solid Line. Right channel is marked with a dotted Line.|
|Ear Pads||Crafted from high quality Sheep-Skin Leather for durability and comfort.|
|Cable||Low capacity wide format, PC-OCC (Pure Crystal Ohno Continuous Casting) 2.5m/8.2ft|
|Ambient Temperature & Humidity||0 to 35ÂºC / 90% max. without condensation|
|Weight||12.9oz without cable / 1.1lbs with cables (without flight case and packaging)|
|Recommended Driver||STAX SRM-007T II|
Headphone Amp: Parallel Dual Triode Vacuum Tube
The SRM-007T II uses the widely respected STAX original output stage using high voltage 6FQ7/6CG7 output tubes in parallel. The low impedance of this output stage is most effective for driving STAX Earspeakers.
Non Inductive Wirewould Load Resistor
Because of the detrimental effect on sound quality by the load resistor STAX have adopted a non-inductive Dale wirewound resistor. Favored by audiophiles the Dale resistor along with the parallel 6FQ7/6CG7 provides significantly improved dynamics and transparency.
Balanced Circuit with First Stage Low Noise Dual FET
The SRM-007T II features pure balanced circuit with no transformer or inverting amplifier in the signal path. A high quality 4 - Gang Volume control is used for the XLR balanced input to minimize sonic degradation.
Hybrid DC Amplifier Configuration
By eliminating undesirable coupling capacitors throughout the circuit through the use of a hybrid DC configuration with transistor and valve, STAX have achieved pure uncolored sound.
New and Improved
The operational principle of the electrostatic condenser type is based on a system whereby plus and minus output signals are input by push-pull into two electrodes sandwiching a diaphragm with a high level of accuracy and equidistantly, resulting in the vibration of an ultra-thin membrane through the repulsive force and suction force of static electricity, which is then converted into sound. The balance method, which is considered to be the ideal for amplification, is thus extended to speakers. The electrostatic system entails input by balance, output by balance, and sound conversion by balance, and, in realizing all these features, constitutes the perfect balance system. It is the only system that makes it possible to listen to sound in the ideal manner permitted by the balance system.
The new SRM-007tII is our flagship model of a driver unit intended exclusively for earspeakers characterized by their wide range, high dynamic range and outstanding operating features with full allowance made for SACD and other new-generation high-density formats. The ultra-light polymer film, only a few microns thick, realizes unprecedented response and a high degree of resolution. Since it is driven on all sides, there is almost no partitioned vibration and there is no phrase distortion. Nor is there any imbalance in the sound quality of the unit or distortion caused b7y the network. Electromagnetic distortion also does not occur.
It opens up the world of high sound quality that is the mark of headphone listening, a world characterized by the absence of need for large output, the high degree of freedom permitted by the use of high sound quality elements for use with small signals, and the even balance between left and right unaffected by acoustic conditions in the listening room.
- Improved circuit, higher grade of reproducibility for SACD and other new-generation audio formats
- Pure balance amplifier in which the XLR balance input does not have to pass through a transformer, an inversion amplifier, etc.
- Simple two-stage amplification structure based on hand selected low-noise FET. Load resistance consists of non-inductive coil resistance manufactured by Dale, thus delivering straightforward properties that take advantage of the features of vacuum tubes and outstanding sound quality with a high level of clarity
- Output stage is designed to lower impedance by using a hand selected high voltage dual triode (6FQ7 type) in parallel connection, which resulted in an improvement in dynamic range especially in the high frequency
- The heater power source for the vacuum tube uses a power circuit of the DC ignition type using an electrolytic condenser and a high-speed Schottky barrier diode, further improving the SN ratio
- Large capacity power transformer and condenser
- Equipped with one XLR (balanced) input and two RCA (unbalanced) input systems, total of three input systems
- RCA inputs, switching with earth side ensures that there is almost no interference between devices
- High sound quality quadruple volume unit which connects with XLR input as well as any line level analog voice inputs
- The RCA terminal "Input 1" is equipped with parallel output terminals and enables input throughout. Connection with other pre-amplifiers and recording decks, etc., are possible
SRM-007T II Specifications:
|Frequency response||DC - 100kHz / +0. -1.5dB (with SR-007 or SR-404 unit)|
|Rated input level||200mV with 100V output|
|Maximum Input Level||30V r.m.s. at. min. volume|
|Total harmonic distortion||max 0.02% at 1kHz 100V r.m.s. (w/SR-007 or 404)|
|Input Impedance||50KOhms / during balance 50kOhms x 2|
|Maximum Output voltage||340V r.m.s. / 1 kHz|
|Standard bias voltage||DC580V (PRO bias)|
|Power voltage||AC 117V 50-60Hz|
|Temperature range||0 to 30 deg. C|
|External dimensions||7.7(W) x 4.1 (H) x 16.5 (D) in.|
|Weight||10.4 lbs (without packaging)|
|XLR terminal polarity||