Black Vinyl Box Set! Includes 20 Page Booklet + 6 Page Insert!
Featuring 18 Rare Early Tracks Including "In Spite Of All The Danger", "Cayenne" & "Ain't She Sweet"!
They were determined to amount to something in Georges words we just had this amazing inner feeling of: Were going to do it. I dont know why... we were just cocky and make a record (in Ringos words youd kill for that bit of plastic and make some money and have a laugh and shout. That would do to be going on with.)
Six years later, they were the four most famous and musical men on earth, the best dressed and on a good day the most captivating people anyone can remember. The narrative that began where Paul met John and clicked at a garden fete in leafy Liverpool, and ended in high dudgeon in high-end London, is so far fetched that it needs the power of a song punctuating every page to remind you with a joyous jolt that it was all true.
We didnt dream it... though it came out of Johns dream of the man on a flaming pie who said You are Beatles with an A. It did all happen. The whole wonderful thing did happen, a long time ago, on the Mersey, on the Elbe, by the Thames and the Hudson River.
Amazing and marvellous and, overy fifty years on, forever young.
Black Vinyl LP Set features a 20 page booklet with rare photos, liner notes, 6 page historic Parlophone insert for the launching of their first single, Love Me Do, and annotated track listing, all housed in an exclusive box! The Beatles 1958-1962 collects 18 tracks of rare early Beatles material, including In Spite Of All The Danger (the only song ever co-written by Paul McCartney & George Harrison) recorded in Liverpool in 1958 when they (along with John Lowe on piano & Colin Hanton on drums) were still known as the Quarrymen; a 1960 home recording of McCartneys Cayenne (with Stuart Sutcliffe); Aint She Sweet recorded in Hamburg in 1961; Besame Mucho featuring Pete Best on drums; The One After 909 and I Saw Her Standing There recorded live at the Cavern Club in 1962, and much, much more!
140 Gram Black Vinyl
Deluxe Box Set
20 Page Booklet - Rare photos, Liner Notes
6-Page Historic "Parlophone" Insert for the launch of their first single "Love Me Do"
Annotated Track Listing
18 Rare Early Tracks
Housed in 1' 1/2" x 1' 1/2" x 3/4" Box Set
1. Love Me Do (single version w/ Ringo Starr, Sept. 4, 1962)
2. How Do You Do It (Sept. 4, 1962)
3. Please Please Me (without harmonica, Sept. 11, 1962)
4. Love Me Do (with Andy White, Sept. 11, 1962)
5. PS I Love You (single version, Sept. 11 1962)
6. Ask Me Why (Nov. 1962)
7. Please Please Me (Nov. 1962)
8. I Saw Her Standing There (Hamburg, Dec. 31, 1962)
9. Lend Me Your Comb (Hamburg, Dec. 31, 1962)
1. That'll Be The Day (with John Lowe & Colin Hanton, Liverpool, 1958)
2. In Spite Of All The Danger (with John Lowe & Colin Hanton, Liverpool, 1958)
3. Cayenne (with Stuart Sutcliffe, Liverpool, June 1960)
4. Ain't She Sweet (Hamburg, June 22, 1961)
5. The One After 909 (Liverpool, 1962)
6. I Saw Her Standing There (Liverpool, 1962)
7. Catswalk (Liverpool, 1962)
8. Besame Mucho (with Pete Best, June 6, 1962)
9. Love Me Do (with Pete Best, June 6, 1962)