Coming September 16, 2022 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
All-Analog Mastering by Paul Stubblebine Directly from the Original Source Tape!
Vintage 1973 Live Performance on Vinyl LP.
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Celebrating 60 years of The Chieftains, the Owsley Stanley Foundation presents Bear's Sonic Journals: The Foxhunt, The Chieftains Live in San Francisco 1973, on their first tour in the U.S., playing an unscheduled gig at Jerry Garcia's invitation.
1LP, all-analog production, painstakingly mastered by Bear's collaborator Paul Stubblebine directly from the original source tape.
Recorded live by Owsley Stanley at the Boarding House on October 1, 1973.
16-page media book featuring original cover art by Dublin native Conor Campbell, calligraphy by Alembic's Mica Wickersham, previously unpublished photographs, liner notes including new interviews with Paddy Moloney, Ricky Skaggs, and legendary soundman Brian Masterson (of Windmill Lane Studios fame).
- All-Analog Production
- Vinyl LP
- Mastered by Paul Stubblebine Directly from the Original Source Tape
- Recorded Live by Owsley Stanley
- 16-Page Media Book - Original Cover Art, Calligraphy, Previously Unpublished Photographs, Liner Notes & New Interviews
- Drowsy Maggie
- Band Introductions
- Morgan Magan
- Carrickfergus (Do Bhí Bean Uasal)
- The Morning Dew
- Lord Inchiquin
- An Fhallaingín Mhuimhneach (The Munster Cloak)
- The Foxhunt
- Mná na hÉireann (The Women of Ireland)
- Carolan's Concerto
- Kerry Slides