Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Besides his importance as one of the first bop pianists, a major jazz composer, and a prototypical trio player, for a time George Wallington was also a New York combo leader and talent scout on the order of Art Blakey and Miles Davis. This 1956 session comes from the period when Wallington was musical director at the Cafe Bohemia in Greenwich Village, where the present quintet introduced then-young lions Donald Byrd and Phil Woods to jazz's major leagues. Two Woods compositions are featured, as well as a memorable version of Tadd Dameron's "Our Delight".
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
George Wallington, piano
Phil Woods, alto sax
Donald Byrd, trumpet
Teddy Kotick, bass
Arthur Taylor, drums
1. Our Delight
2. Our Love Is Here to Stay
3. Foster Dulles
4. Together We Wail
5. What's New
6. But George