Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered from the Original Masters of Sony Music Entertainment!
Pressed at Optimal Media!
This album pairs up different artists for an album of 10 songs ranging from classical to the down-home folk tunes such as "My Old Kentucky Home, Good Night."
It used to be quite the vogue when the disk business was young to pair great singers with string players of equal renown. RCA Victor has revived the practice on this disk with what seems to be a 'Potent' platter property. The diskery has the artists, and the album jackets almost seems to dare, 'Can you match this?' Here are the pairings: Marian Anderson and Gregor Piatigorsky, Robert Merrill and Yehudi Menuhin, Jan Peerce and Mischa Elman, Ezio Pinza and Nathan Milstein, and Rise Stevens and Elman. Selections, two by each combo, are all light and tuneful. In all, a sound commercial and artistic idea, finely executed.
- Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
- Pressed at Optimal Media GmbH in Germany
- Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
- Mastered from the Original Masters of Sony Music Entertainment
- Analogphonic release
- Carry Me Back To Old Virginny (Marian Anderson & Gregor Piatigorsky)
- Xerxes, HWV 40, Act I: May The Fates Be Kind "Ombra mai fu" (Robert Merrill & Yehudi Menuhin)
- Angel's Serenade (Jan Peerce & Mischa Elman)
- 6 Romances, Op. 6, No. 6: None But The Lonely Heart (Ezio Pinza & Nathan Milstein)
- Les Contes d'Hoffman, Act II: Belle nuit, o nuit d'amour, "Barcarolle" (Rise Stevens & Mischa Elman)
- Elegie (Rise Stevens & Mischa Elman)
- Calm As The Night, Op. 326, No. 27 (Ezio Pinza & Nathan Milstein)
- O Dry Those Tears (Jan Peerce & Mischa Elman)
- 6 Songs, Op. 4, No. 3: In The Silence Of The Secret Night (Robert Merrill & Yehudi Menuhin)
- My Old Kentucky Home (Marian Anderson & Gregor Piatigorsky)