Grammy Award Winning Chorus, The Gregg Smith Singers, cover material from such famous artists as: Duke Ellington, Leonard Berstein and more! This album was recorded on November 22, 1991 at St. George Catholic Church in Ontario, California.
"The Gregg Smith Singers are one of the world's primary small choral ensembles, particularly among those with a reputation for twentieth century music." - Allmusic.com
Direct To Disc (D2D)
45rpm Speed Audiophile Vinyl
Direct To Disc Mastering using Scully Lathe with custom Westrex Cutter Head by Dan Cytron and Len Horowitz.
Cardas Wired Calrec Soundfield MK-4 Microphone and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5 Cables were used in the Recording!
Jonathan Sherry, piano
The Gregg Smith Singers:
Eleanor Clark, Elizabeth Franklin, Rosalind Rees, Christina Taylor, sopranos
Arthur Krieck, Drew Martin, Dan Smith, Mark Wolff, tenors
Megan Friar, Barbara Dusco, Angela Madia, Valerie Vollmer, altos
William Briggs, Walter Richardson, Rhys Ritter, Mark Wilson, basses
Gregg Smith, director
1. Melancholy Baby (Ernie Burnett)
2. Autumn Leaves (Joseph Kosma)
3. Hit Me With A Hot Note (Duke Ellington)
4. Some Other Time (Leonard Bernstein)
5. 100 Easy Ways (Leonard Bernstein)
1. Schein Uns, Du Liebe Sonne (1570) (Antonius Scandellus)
2. Spanish Poem Of Octavio Daz (Ralph Swickard)