Exceptional Audiophile Sound! This Is As Close To The Original Master As You Will Get!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Chasing the Dragon have become known as one of the leading producers of audiophile recordings.
On the 1st of February, Chasing The Dragon had the opportunity of recording a live Beethoven concert performed at St. Martin-in-the-Fields. From this event, they have been able to release 2 new recordings featuring the Locrian Ensemble of London, conducted by Rimma Sushanskaya.
**It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.From Chasing The Dragon's Mike Valentine:
The Egmont Overture and Beethoven's 5th Symphony are probably some of the most well loved pieces of classical music in the world. Here, we have a wonderful performance, which we captured at a live concert in St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London, on the 1st of February 2019. I only used three 50 year old valve microphones, which I believe has added to the warmth and purity of the recording. I hope you have as much fun listening to the album, as we did in recording it!
"Beethoven concerts are not as frequently encountered these days as they once were, so it was an attractive 'traditional' programme of overture - concerto - symphony that drew a large audience to London's St. Martin-in-the-Fields, on February the 1st. They were rewarded with a programme of outstanding quality from the finely played Egmont Overture, to the 5th Symphony, by way of the Emperor Piano Concerto, notably well conducted throughout by Rimma Sushanskaya, most able partnering the very fine John Lenehan who gave an outstanding account of the solo part, supported to the hilt by this very gifted conductor and orchestra. Dr. Sushanskaya's performance of the 5th Symphony was in the memorable class, a reading of deep musicianship and interpretive character. No wonder soloist and conductor were called back time and again after the concerto to be rewarded with a genuine standing ovation at the end, which lasted for many minutes." - Grame Judge, Musical Opinion Quarterly
• 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
• Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
• 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
• Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½ Tape
• Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
• Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
• All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
• Originally mastered at Air Studios London
• Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
• Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
• Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
• Recorded live at London's St. Martin-in-the-Fields
The Locrian Ensemble of London
Rimma Sushanskaya, conductor
Rita Manning, leader
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
Egmont Overture & Symphony No. 5
1. Egmont Overture
2. Symphony No. 5