Out Of Print! Only 1 copy available!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP!
Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions - 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
All of the stylistic elements that made Miles Davis' 1956 quintet one of the immortal bands in jazz history are on display in this collection. "Surrey with the Fringe On Top" and "Diane" are medium-tempo standards that highlight the contrast between the leader's Harmon-muted horn, the explorations of John Coltrane's tenor sax and Red Garland's sparkling piano. "Salt Peanuts" and "Well, You Needn't", each a modern jazz classic, allow for intense swinging over the beat of Paul Chambers' bass and Philly Joe Jones' drums. And "Something I Dreamed Last Night" and "When I Fall In Love" give us vulnerable, visceral ballad playing by Davis that remains unsurpassed.
The end results are consistently astonishing. At the center of Steamin', as with most outings by this band, are the group improvisations which consist of solo upon solo of arguably the sweetest and otherwise most swinging interactions known to have existed between musicians...Although there is no original material on Steamin', it may best represent the ability of the Miles Davis quintet to take standards and rebuild them to suit their qualifications.
- 200g Vinyl LP
- Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
- Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered
- The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios
- Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
- Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
- Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
- Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
- Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
|John Coltrane||tenor saxophone|
|"Philly" Joe Jones||drums|
- Surrey With The Fringe On Top
- Salt Peanuts
- Something I Dreamed Last Night
- Well You Needn't
- When I Fall In Love
Recorded in Hackensack, NJ; May 11, 1956.
("Well You Needn't" recorded October 26, 1956)