Gifted pianist Steve Kuhn has enjoyed a career revival since signing with Venus Records. Pavane For A Dead Princess - a daring jazz rendition of classical compositions - has become huge in Japan and is considered one of Kuhn's definitive works. Kuhn's soft and clever piano turns selections by Ravel, Chopin, Tchaikovsky and Faure into exciting jazz. The treatment is so effective that one might not realize at first that these were originally classical pieces.
...anyone who loves both musical worlds will appreciate Steve Kuhn's thoughtful arrangements of music that has easily stood the test of time.
- 180g Vinyl
- Mixed and Mastered by Tetsuo Hara
- Venus Hyper Magnum Sound Direct Mix Stereo
- Obi strip
- Made in Japan
- Pavane For A Dead Princess (M. Ravel)
- Pavane (G. Faure)
- Nocturne In E Flat Major Op.9, No.2 (F. Chopin)
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Fantasy Impromptu (F. Chopin)
- Swan Lake (P. Tchaikovsky)
- Prelude In E Minor Op.28, No.4 (F. Chopin)
Recorded at The Studio in New York on August 18, & 19, 2005.