Jazz Arrangements of Classical Compositions!
Gifted pianist Steve Kuhn has enjoyed a career revival since signing with Venus Records. Pavane for a Dead Princess--a daring jazz rendition of classical compositions--has become huge in Japan and is considered one of Kuhn's definitive works. Kuhn's soft and clever piano turns selections by Ravel, Chopin, Grieg, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Brahms, and Faure into exciting jazz. The treatment is so effective that one might not realize at first that these were originally classical pieces.
"...anyone who loves both musical worlds will appreciate Steve Kuhn's thoughtful arrangements of music that has easily stood the test of time." -Ken Dryden, allmusic.com
Super Audio CD
SACD Stereo SACD Layer
This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Made in Japan
Steve Kuhn, piano
David Finck, bass
Billy Drummond, drums
1. I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Fantasy Impromptu
2. Pavane For A Dead Princess
3. Moon Love - Symphony #5 2nd Movement
4. One Red Rose Forever - Ich Liebe Dich
5. Swan Lake
6. Nocturne In E Major Op.9, No.2
8. Prelude In E Minor Op.28, No.4
9. Full Moon And Empty Arms - Piano Concerto #2 3rd Movement