This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The Stockholm Cathedral Choir and a children's choir sing hymns -- old and modern -- in a new way, arranged by Bengt Berg for organ, guitar, flute and bass. Simple, straightforward organ and guitar accompaniments carry the melody with clarity, while flutes sound playful under the church's vaulted ceiling. This album was recorded in 1981 and is popular among audiophiles for its sheer sound quality. Exquisite recording!
I've been buying Bertil Alving's legendary Proprius recordings since the mid-80s (thanks at that time to the Swedish Music Service) but apparently this gem and rarity eluded my grasp. Now the Green Blade Riseth Kornet har sin vila features the Stockholm Cathedral youth choir performing choral and religious music scored for a battery of instruments including guitar, organ, triangle, recorder, bass, and flute. This reissue captures that huge soundstage, separation of voices and healthy abundance of cathedral space characteristic of those classic Bertil Alving Proprius recordings. Highest recommendation!
- HQ-180g Premium Vinyl
- Numbered, Limited Edition - 500 copies
- Pure analog recording
- Mastering by Scott Hull (Masterdisk, NY) from the original master tapes
- Pressed at Pallas in Germany
|The Stockholm Cathedral Choir|
- There's A Wideness In God's Mercy
- When He Comes
- There Is A Road To Heaven
- Thou Whom Shepherds Worshipped
- Loves Coma Is Come Again
- When We Share The Bread That He Gives Us
- God And Man At Table Are Sat Down
- The Love Of God Is Broad Like Beach And Meadow
- Said Judas To Mary
- God, When You Breathe
- Your Name, O Jesus Is A Comfort
- Sorrow And Joy Go Hand In Hand
- I Know Of A Dark And Gloomy Garden
- Walk Carefully O Christian
- O, Jesus Mine, What Wrong Have You Done?
- Just One Day, One Moment At Time
- My Soul, You Must Now Forget
- O Christ, Who Art The Light And Day
- Hope Gives Rest To My Redeemed Soul
- Spread Your Wings Over Me