Mondo, in conjunction with Troll Court / WaterTower Music, is proud to present the premiere vinyl pressing of the latest mix-tape masterpiece curated by writer/director James Gunn ... the soundtrack for his 2021 superhero action-adventure film The Suicide Squad.
"A movie to me is two things," Gunn says, "Picture and sound. It's how you put those two things together that help tell a story and hopefully move an audience. So, music is incredibly important!"
The Suicide Squad (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), which Gunn calls his 'curated mix tape' matches the energy of a story about a collection of the most degenerate delinquents in the DC lineup, featuring everything from '50s swing (Louis Prima's "Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody (And Nobody Cares For Me) - Medley") to '80s punk rock (Jim Carroll Band's "People Who Died") to modern Samba Pop and Brazilian Hip-Hop (Ceú's "Samba Na Sola" and Drik Barbosa's "Quem Tem Joga" respectively), alongside classics by Kansas, Pixies and Johnny Cash, plus a handful of today's rising stars like grandson and Jessie Reyez; in addition to their own songs, the latter two even perform the duet "Rain" which was written specifically for the film.
Combined, you have the next best thing to a curated playlist from the master of mix-tapes.
- 180g Vinyl
- Black Vinyl
- OBI strip
- Made in the Czech Republic
- Folsom Prison Blues (Live at Folsom State Prison, Folsom, CA) - Johnny Cash
- People Who Died - The Jim Carroll Band
- Sucker's Prayer - The Decemberists
- Samba Na Sola - Céu
- Whistle For The Choir - The Fratellis
- Point Of Know Return - Kansas
- Sola - Jessie Reyez
- Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody (And Nobody Cares For Me) - Medley - Louis Prima
- Can't Sleep - K.Flay
- Quem Tem Joga - Drik Barbosa (feat. Gloria Groove & Karol Conka)
- Rain - grandson (feat. Jessie Reyez)
- Hey - Pixies
- So Busted - Culture Abuse
- Oh No!!! - grandson