The ninth volume in the perpetually popular Linn Collection series features an eclectic selection of tracks from its catalog of award-winning artists.
This eclectic selection has been compiled with the love and attention to detail that you would expect from an award-winning label. These tracks have been carefully selected to demonstrate the extraordinary breadth of the Linn catalogue.
The collection opens with Dunedin Consort performing Bach from the album Magnificat & Christmas Cantata. Vocal highlights include soprano Elizabeth Watts' characterful Mozart and a classic from HMS Pinafore, wittily sung by Andrew Foster-Williams.
The collection closes with a trio of songs from Linn's transatlantic jazz roster: Barb Jungr, Laurence Hobgood, Liane Carroll and several others.
Super Audio CD
SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
SACD Stereo SACD Layer
This Hybrid SACD contains a Super HDCD 24 Bit encoded Stereo CD layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
1. Cantata, BWV 63 Chorus: Christen, ätzet diesen Tag
by Dunedin Consort
Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975)
2. Romance from The Gadfly Suite, Op. 97a by Katherine Bryan, Jac van Steen & RSNO
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
String Quartet in G minor, Op. 10
3. II. Assez vif et bien rythmé (arr. Jonathan Morton) by Scottish Ensemble
Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
Piano Concerto No. 1 in G minor, Op. 25
4. II. Andante by Ingrid Fliter, Antonio Méndez & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Joseph Haydn (1732 - 1809)
Symphony No. 101 in D major, Hob.
5. I:101, The Clock & II. Andante by Robin Ticciati & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767)
Fantasia No. 3 in B minor, TWV 40:4 (transposed to D minor)
6. Largo Vivace Largo Vivace by Pamela Thorby
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
7. Indomeneo Quanti mi siete intorno Padre, germani, addio! by Elizabeth Watts, Christian Baldini & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Josquin des Prez (c.1450/1455 - 1521)
8. Miserere mei, Deus (excerpt) by Magnificat
Johann Sebastian Bach
Concerto for violin and oboe in C minor, BWV 1060R
9. II. Adagio by Cecilia Bernardini, Alfredo Bernardini & Dunedin Consort
W.S. Gilbert (1836-1911) & Arthur Sullivan (1842-1900)
10. My gallant crew, good morning by Andrew Foster-Williams, Richard Egarr & Scottish Opera
Iannis Xenakis (1922-2001)
11. Rebonds B. by Kuniko
Stephen Sondheim (b.1930) & Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990)
12. Somethings Coming by Barb Jungr & Laurence Hobgood
Dimitri Tiomkin (1894-1979) & Washington (1901-1976)
13. Wild Is The Wind by Liane Carroll
Jimmy Van Heusen (1913-1990) & Sammy Cahn (1913-1993)
14. Come Dance With Me by Claire Martin & Ray Gelato