This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
An Audiophile Go-To! All-Time Classic Performances And Recordings By All-Time Great Male Singers!
Ready for another go with A-list caliber demo tracks? Following up on The Wonderful Sounds of Christmas, and Female Vocals, Analogue Productions has put together The Wonderful Sounds of Male Vocals - stone-cold killers from the first song to the last!
When you want to show off your hi-fi system's potential, why waste time with multiple albums? Skip the searching, un-sleeving, re-sleeving and more - and give your audiophile friends what they like to hear. Grab this album and you'll hear show stoppers by Amos Lee, Dean Martin, Aaron Neville, Roy Orbison, Willie Nelson, Pure Prairie League, Harry Belafonte, Pete Seeger, The Beach Boys, Willy DeVille, Greg Brown, JD Souther, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Tony Bennett, Harry Nilsson, Tony Joe White - and what would a male vocal compilation be without the truly great Elvis Presley? Just how good older recordings can sound when the touch of an exceptional mastering engineer is involved is demonstrated by the matchless Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound.
Like others in the Wonderful Sounds series, this album works well as entertainment and as a great sampler of the LPs, mostly released by Analogue Productions.
Michael Fremer, of AnalogPlanet.com and Stereophile Magazine, walks you through each track and its historic place with very thorough and entertaining liners.
From "Fever" to "Spanish Jack," and "Amie" to "Blue Bayou" and everything in between - "Georgia on My Mind," "(I Left My Heart) In San Francisco," "Silver Blue" and more - you'll be relishing this album with each play. Make the easy selection and enjoy listening.
Can't stop exploring The Wonderful Sounds Of Male Vocals! The album is stunning not only because of the exemplary high standard of recording it showcases, but also because of the satisfying range of artists and music genres presented across the four sides. There are wonderful surprises to discover as well as wonderful sounds.
Use this compilation as a 'listening booth' to discover unfamiliar music or just enjoy song after great well-recorded 'demo quality' song. While some like Aaron Neville's cover of John Hiatt's 'Feels Like Rain' and The Beach Boys' 'In My Room' will be familiar others probably won't be - like Willis Alan Ramsey's 'Sympathy for a Train', Willy DeVille's 'Spanish Jack' and perhaps JD Souther's 'Silver Blue' (with Stanley Clarke on bass). Many fans of Belafonte at Carnegie Hall have never heard the encore 'Scarlet Ribbons,' which is here too.
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Hybrid Stereo SACD plays in both CD and SACD players, as well as all SACD-compatible DVD players
- Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound
- SACD authored by Gus Skinas
- Liner Notes by Michael Fremer
- I'm Confessin' (That I Love You) - Dean Martin
- Arms Of A Woman - Amos Lee
- Silver Blue - JD Souther
- Try Me One More Time - Tennessee Ernie Ford
- It Feels Like Rain - Aaron Neville
- Amie - Pure Prairie League
- (I Left My Heart) In San Francisco - Tony Bennett with Ralph Sharon & His Orchestra
- Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison
- George On My Mind - Willie Nelson
- Sympathy For A Train - Willis Alan Ramsey
- Ramblin' Boy (Live at Carnegie Hall) - Pete Seeger (The Weavers)
- In My Room (Stereo Version) - The Beach Boys
- Brand New '64 Dodge - Greg Brown
- Scarlet Ribbons - Harry Belafonte
- (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) - Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires
- Losing Hand - Harry Belafonte
- Spanish Jack - Willy DeVille
- Fever - Elvis Presley
- Did Somebody Make A Fool Out Of You - Tony Joe White
- Coconut - Harry Nilsson