Vinyl LP With Storybook Features Music By Carole King, Nina Simone, Woody Guthrie, Kermit The Frog & More!
Light In The Attic & Third Man Records join forces to show impressionable, young minds the virtues of good music and vinyl records with their exclusive children's compilation, This Record Belongs To______ available on LP.
Parents everywhere rejoice! What if your favorite children's book were not only a timeless story but came with a soundtrack of tunes that kids and grown-ups alike would love? Hold onto your boots... it's here! This Record Belongs To______ is the antidote to your standard kids compilations. You won't find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here. Instead the record consists of two halves-an upbeat side for daytime dancin' and a mellow side for bedtime lullabies. Among the many gems featured include songs from Carole King, Woody Guthrie, Donovan, Harry Nilsson, Jerry Garcia, Nina Simone, Kermit The Frog and more. Inspired by the classic Little Golden Books Series and Sesame Street's In Harmony albums, This Record Belongs To ______ stems from a love of music, reading, and a passion for teaching future generations the interactive experience of holding an album in your hands, putting needle to groove, and immersing yourself in the pages of a record's sleeve as the music plays.
The compilation was compiled and sequenced by DJ and friend, Zach Cowie, who is as dear to our hearts as this collection of songs (previously passed around as a gift between friends) and is the soundtrack for many LITA & TMR offspring. These kiddos now all have undeniably excellent taste in tunes.
The record is accompanied by an original, full-color storybook illustrated by acclaimed artist, Jess Rotter, which tells the tale of five forest pals who find a mysterious object - a round, flat disc that they proceed to investigate. The animal friends finally solve the mystery and learn how to play a record and let their bodies move to the groove (within the grooves).
Original storybook with illustrations by acclaimed artist Jess Rotter
1. Invitation - Shel Silverstein
2. Occapella - Van Dyke Parks
3. One Was Johnny - Carole King
4. The Town - Harry Nilsson
5. Me And My Arrow - Harry Nilsson
6. Pinball Number Count - The Pointer Sisters
7. Dance Around - Woody Guthrie
8. Jenny Jenkins - Jerry Garcia & David Grisman
9. Oo-De-Lally - Roger Miller
10. Daddy What If - Bobby Bare
11. Pretty Trees Around The World - Ella Jenkins
12. You Can Sing A Rainbow - Nina Simone
13. Diamond Day - Vashti Bunyan
14. The Mandolin Man And His Secret - Donovan
15. Running In The Garden - Miss Abrams & The Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class
16. Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog