Guests Features Michael Bublé, Natalie Cole, Mark Knopfler, and More!
Musical icon and visionary Van Morrisons Duets: Re-Working The Catalogue is the 35th studio album of his storied career. The album was produced by Van Morrison along with Don Was and Bob Rock.
Morrison re-recorded some of his favorite songs from throughout his catalog, enlisting some of the artists he most respects to perform along with him to re-imagine them. Special guests featured on the album include Michael Bublé, Bobby Womack, Steve Winwood, Mark Knopfler, Mavis Staples, Natalie Cole, Joss Stone, Taj Mahal, George Benson, Mick Hucknall, P.J. Proby, Clare Teal, Gregory Porter, Georgie Fame, Chris Farlowe, and Vans daughter Shana Morrison.
Van Morrison is considered one of the most prolific recording artists and extraordinary live performers of our time. He has received a multitude of awards and accolades including 6 Grammy Awards, a Brit Award, an OBE, an Ivor Novello, has been inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and possesses honorary doctorates from Queens University Belfast and the University of Ulster, as well as entry into the French Ordres Des Artes Et Des Lettres, all illustrating the international reach of Vans musical art. Van Morrison has collaborated with, among others, John Lee Hooker, Ray Charles, Lonnie Donegan, Mose Allison and Tom Jones, all confirming the breadth of his musical reach. His visionary songwriting and mastery of many genres continues to shine on albums celebrating and re-exploring his blues, jazz, skiffle and country roots. With one of the most revered catalogues in music history, his talents as a composer, singer and performer are unmatched.
"...his sense of phrasing is as soulful and idiosyncratic as it has ever been, and he seems determined to find something in these songs that he missed the first time...Morrison gives this material an honest and thoughtful effort...a solid, heartfelt work from a veteran artist who isn't about to give up the ghost." -Mark Deming, allmusic.com
LP 1 - Side 1:
1. Some Peace of Mind - with Bobby Womack
2. Lord, If I Ever Needed Someone - with Mavis Staples
3. Higher Than the World - with George Benson
4. Wild Honey - with Joss Stone
LP 1 - Side 2:
1. Whatever Happened to P.J. Proby - with P.J. Proby
2. Carrying A Torch - with Clare Teal
3. The Eternal Kansas City - with Gregory Porter
4. Streets of Arklow - with Mick Hucknall
LP 2 - Side 3:
1. These Are the Days - with Natalie Cole
2. Get On With the Show - with Georgie Fame
3. Rough God Goes Riding - with Shana Morrison
4. Fire In the Belly - with Steve Winwood
LP 2 - Side 4:
1. Born To Sing - with Chris Farlowe
2. Irish Heartbeat - with Mark Knopfler
3. Real Real Gone - with Michael Buble
4. How Can A Poor Boy? - with Taj Mahal