This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
The Prime Signature is the next step up from the Prime, which took the world by storm 2 years ago during its initial release. It features an upgraded VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand resulting in better sonics, a 3D printed armtube with new triangular to circular resonance canceling taper, Nordost Reference wiring and easier, high-precision counterweight adjustment. The chassis consists of an aluminum plate sandwiched between a composite material for improved dampening. Due to the additional weight of the table, VPI has upgraded the feet to their Classic Signature feet. In addition, both the motor housing and all Delrin posts and armboards were upgraded to a heftier stainless steel.
Looks like VPI has another winner on its hands, and the Prime Signature comes very highly recommended indeed!
It takes everything the standard model does and builds on it. There's more insight, stronger dynamics and a lovely stability
Solid as a rock, oozing detail but blended successfully with clarity. All I can advise, in my simple, innocent, yet hopeful way is to tell you to buy this deck
Ask them to play that Dead record on their VPI Prime Signature turntable... flat out stunning
VPI's Most Rigid Tonearm Armwand Ever For Unparalleled Dynamics! First Ever Gimbaled 3D Tonearm Armwand! Achieve Sonic Superiority! Increased Dynamics, Deeper Bass, Tighter Midrange, Lifelike Highs, the Fatboy is a Significant Upgrade from VPI!
The VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand features better sonics, a 3D printed armtube with new triangular to circular resonance canceling taper, Nordost Reference wiring and easier, high-precision counterweight adjustment! The VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand offers the perfect balance of precision and fine tune adjustments. Featuring even more detail, superior soundstage, low resonance and excellent musicality, the Fatboy greatly improves the overall sound of your VPI table!
Originally spotted in Munich at the High End Show, we've been anxiously waiting to hear the VPI Fatboy tonearm. VPI dropped the Fatboy details before AXPONA in a press release, so I was jazzed to find Mat Weisfeld outside the Gershman Acoustics Room. I asked Mat which VPI room I should listen to, and the he declared "This one of course!" He wasn't kidding. As I walked inside room 710, I was greeted by a VPI Titan turntable loaded with the production 12-inch VPI Fatboy gimbal tonearm. I was familiar with the unipivot version from Munich, but the gimbal version was gorgeous, machined to perfection. Pick your poison, you can't go wrong with either version. Exciting since almost any current VPI customer can upgrade their arm. I asked Matt to tell me about what inspired the Fatboy. He told me a story of an early customer who purchased a VPI Titan turntable. That thing is a beast of beauty. But the customer passed on a piece of feedback. "Mat, I love the Titan, but your tonearm needs to go the gym..." Hmm, Mat at first didn't know what to think of that, but as they developed the Fatboy they understood what that early customer was asking for. Mat was happy to report that his Titan customer is extremely pleased with the new arm. A little protein powder, a few extra push ups, and boom the Fatboy is ready to kick your butt.
The Fatboy adds a new level adjustment to the VPI-type tonearm. On the Unipivot version, you can adjust azimuth using the side arm tube setscrews, the adjustable side weights...By having the combination of a 3D printed-tube with the finely machined back-stock, it creates the perfect balance of precision and balance for your tonearm. The fine adjustable counterweight makes cartridge set-up easier than ever.
Prime Signature Turntable
- Stainless Steel Weight
- Prime Signature Feet
- The MDF chassis is bonded with a sandwiched aluminum plate to provide the ultimate resonance control and rejects feedback.
- The four Stainless Steel corner posts are designed for isolation and mechanical grounding.
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly.
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero
- teeter-totter effects.
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001" in a 39" circumference.
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005" when leaving factory.
JMW Fatboy 10" Tonearm (Gimbaled) Features
- VPI's Most Rigid Tonearm Armwand Ever For Unparalleled Dynamics!
- 3D Printed armtube with New Triangular to Circular Resonance Canceling Taper
- Nordost Reference Tonearm Armwand Wiring
- Micrometer-style precision Adjustable Counterweight
- Adjustable Azimuth located on the side of armwand stainless section
- Newly Improved and Robust Gimbal Bearing
|Wow and flutter||<.1%|
|Overall Dimensions||21" x 15"|
|Footprint||19½" x 13¾"|
Available Upgrade: Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.