Limited Quantities Available!
Regular Price $7,949.99
New Price $6,799.99
You Save $1,150!
A tasteful combination of aluminum, stainless steel and 3D printed technology. Over 40 years of refinement all leading up to this turntable.
Call for Special Package Pricing: 1-800-782-3472 or 1-765-608-5340.
A cartridge is not included with this turntable, but you can add any cartridge we sell! Call us today!
All cartridges available professionally installed and adjusted! Click Here for available cartridges!
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
The Prime Signature is the next step up from the Prime, which took the world by storm 2 years ago during its initial release. It features an upgraded VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand resulting in better sonics, a 3D printed armtube with new triangular to circular resonance canceling taper, Nordost Reference wiring and easier, high-precision counterweight adjustment. The chassis consists of an aluminum plate sandwiched between a composite material for improved dampening. Due to the additional weight of the table, VPI has upgraded the feet to their Classic Signature feet. In addition, both the motor housing and all Delrin posts and armboards were upgraded to a heftier stainless steel.
Looks like VPI has another winner on its hands, and the Prime Signature comes very highly recommended indeed!
It takes everything the standard model does and builds on it. There's more insight, stronger dynamics and a lovely stability.
Solid as a rock, oozing detail but blended successfully with clarity. All I can advise, in my simple, innocent, yet hopeful way is to tell you to buy this deck.
Ask them to play that Dead record on their VPI Prime Signature turntable... flat out stunning.
Achieve Sonic Superiority, Increased Dynamics, Deeper Bass, Tighter Midrange, Lifelike Highs, the Fatboy is a Significant Upgrade from VPI!
The VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand features better sonics, a 3D printed armtube with new triangular to circular resonance canceling taper, Nordost Reference wiring and easier, high-precision counterweight adjustment! The VPI Fatboy Tonearm Armwand offers the perfect balance of precision and fine tune adjustments. Featuring even more detail, superior soundstage, low resonance and excellent musicality, the Fatboy greatly improves the overall sound of your VPI table!
The Fatboy adds a new level adjustment to the VPI-type tonearm. On the Unipivot version, you can adjust azimuth using the side arm tube setscrews, the adjustable side weights...By having the combination of a 3D printed-tube with the finely machined back-stock, it creates the perfect balance of precision and balance for your tonearm. The fine adjustable counterweight makes cartridge set-up easier than ever.
Prime Signature Turntable Features
- Stainless Steel Weight
- Prime Signature Feet
- The MDF chassis is bonded with a sandwiched aluminum plate to provide the ultimate resonance control and rejects feedback.
- The four Stainless Steel corner posts are designed for isolation and mechanical grounding.
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly.
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects.
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001" in a 39" circumference.
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005" when leaving factory.
|Wow and flutter||<.1%|
|Overall Dimensions||21 ⅜" x 15 ¾" x 11"|
|Footprint||19 ½" x 13 ¾"|
|Packed Weight||81 lbs|
|Assembled Weight||66 lbs|
Available Upgrade: Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.