This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Close to the Edge, Yes's follow-up to the 1971 smash album Fragile, has been called the greatest progressive rock album of all time, and with good reason. Although Yes had a tough act to follow, they delivered an essentially superior record less than one year later. Close To the Edge finds spiritual influences throughout introduced by Jon Anderson. The album set a trend for Yes of structuring an album around a single epic song.
Close To the Edge, the song, contains four movements and makes up the entirety of side A. On side B you'll find "And You And I" likewise has four movements; also found on side B is "Siberian Khatru".
• Mastered Directly from the Original Master Tapes!
• 1/2 Speed Mastered Original Master Recording Series
• Specially Plated and Pressed on JVC's High Definition Super Vinyl
• Pressed in Japan
• Special Static Free-Dust Free Inner Sleeve
• Limited Edition
Jon Anderson, vocals
Bill Bruford, percussion
Steve Howe, guitars, vocals
Chris Squire, bass, vocals
Rick Wakeman, keyboards
1. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up I Get Down/Seasons of Man
2. And You And I: Cord Of Life/Eclipse/The Preacher The Teacher/Apocalypse
3. Siberian Khatru