180g Audiophile Vinyl Double LP!
The Very Best of Six Decades of American Roots Music!
Numbered, Limited Edition Red Vinyl - 2,000 Copies!
Americana, also known as American roots music, is a mixture of genres that blend together into a distinctive roots-oriented sound. It's a fusion of folk, blues, jazz, country, rock and roll, bluegrass and even gospel at times. Americana finds the origin of its name in 1984, when a radio station in California started to call their mix of American roots music ''Americana," but the genre goes back decades before that and knows many great names. Americana Collected compiles some of the best Americana artists, including Gene Clark, Townes van Zandt, John Prine, Bonnie Raitt, Chris Whitley, John Mellencamp and Band of Horses amongst others.
The compilation album Americana Collected is part of the Collected compilation series, which is a collaboration between Universal Music and Music On Vinyl. These compilations bring together the biggest and best names of its genre, combined with forgotten hits and less discovered gems, giving the listener an experience of both nostalgia and uncovering new musical grounds at the same time.
Americana Collected is available as a limited edition of 2,000 individually numbered copies on red colored vinyl. This 2LP includes an insert with liner notes, photos and credits.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- Double LP
- Insert with Liner Notes, Photos & Credits
- Limited Edition of 2,000 Individually Numbered Copies on Red Vinyl
- Up On Cripple Creek - The Band
- The Ballad Of El Goodo - Big Star
- Copperhead Road - Steve Earle
- Can't Let Go - Lucinda Williams
- For A Spanish Guitar - Gene Clark
- People, Turn Around - Delta Spirit
- Ventura Highway - America
- Big Sky Country - Chris Whitley
- Gentle On My Mind - Alison Krauss
- Small Town - John Mellencamp
- Sin City - The Flying Burrito Brothers
- Rose Of Cimarron - Poco
- Factory - Band Of Horses
- A Song For You - Gram Parsons
- Georgia Rae - John Hiatt
- Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot
- Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers Band
- Lonesome L.A. Cowboy - New Riders Of The Purple Sage
- Sam Stone - John Prine
- Thing Called Love - Bonnie Raitt
- Pancho & Lefty - Townes Van Zandt
- Desert Raven - Jonathan Wilson