On Angélique Kidjo's new album Mother Nature, the four-time Grammy Award-winning luminary joins forces with many of her musical progeny, including some of the most captivating young creators of West African music, Afrobeat, Afro-pop, dancehall, hip-hop, and alt-R&B. The result is a truly visionary body of work, rooted in a deep understanding of musical tradition yet endlessly forward-thinking and inventive.
Mother Nature is Angélique's first album of original music in 7 years, following 2019's Grammy-winning Celia, and her 2018 radical reimagining of Talking Heads' landmark LP Remain In Light. Mother Nature features Yemi Alade, Mr Eazi, Salif Keita, Burna Boy, Shungudzo, Zeynab, Lionel Loueke, Sampa The Great, Blue Lab Beats, Ghetto Boy, EARTHGANG, and -M-. Producers that worked on the album include Kel P (Burna Boy), James Poyser of The Roots, Vtek, Rexxie, Synematik, Blue Lab Beats, -M-, Brad Thomas Ackley, David Donatien and Dany Synthé. She began writing it in 2019 and it was created over the past year in quarantine.
On Mother Nature, Kidjo delivers not only an infectious, danceable transcontinental showcase for the African continent's musical influence on global traditions, but emphatically proclaims it a primary engine in pop's future.
- Double LP
- First Album of Original Music in 7 Years
- Gatefold jacket
- Made in Poland
- Choose Love
- Dignity (with Yemi Alade)
- Africa One Of A Kind (with Mr Eazi & Salif Keita)
- Mother Nature
- Do Yourself (with Burna Boy)
- Meant For Me (feat. Shungudzo)
- Omon Oba (with Zeynab & Lionel Loueke)
- Free & Equal (with Sampa The Great)
- Fired Up (feat. Blue Lab Beats & Ghetto Boy)
- Take It Or Leave It (with EARTHGANG)
- Mycelium (with -M-)
- One Africa (Indépendance Cha-Cha)
- Flying High