Mastered From Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Arthur Grimiaux, accompanied by pianist Istvan Hajdu, plays his best-loved encores including works by Mozart, Gluck, Granados, Vivaldi, Beethoven, and more for the first volume of the 2-part series.
"The good Arthur Grumiaux was in a very sentimental mood when he chose the twenty-nine works for this pair of discs. The prevailing pace is andante, the prevailing mood one of heavy sweetness... a Mozart Rondo is bright, articulate, and well planned: Granados' Danza espanola No. 5 (Andaluza) is warm and compelling, with its minor -major cadence as magical as ever: Kreisler's Schon Rosmarin is beguiling." - High Fidelity
• Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
• Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
• Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
• Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
• Analogphonic release
Arthur Grumiaux, violin
Istvan Hajdu, piano
Maria Theresia Von Paradis (1759-1824)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
Christoph Willibald Von Gluck (1714-1787)
Enrique Granados (1867-1916)
4. Danza Espanola No. 5 "Andaluza"
Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962)
5. Schon Rosmarin - Liebesleid - Liebesfreud
Francesco Maria Veracini (1690-1750)
Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
2. Siciliano, Op. 3 No. 11
Jean-Marie Leclair (1697-1764)
Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827)
4. Minuet In G
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
5. Ave Maria, Op. 52 No. 6
Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904)
6. Humoresque In G Flat, Op. 101 No. 7
Jules Massenet (1842-1912)
7. Meditation De Thais
Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
8. Valse Sentimentale, Op. 51 No. 6