From the worlds of jazz, blues, percussion ensembles, world music and classical music, this is a special compilation of analog audiophile recordings at their best, with emphasis on great sound.
In the high end audio world, audiophile sound engineer René Laflamme has carved out a reputation for definition of excellence. Manufacturers of audiophile equipment such as Nagra Audio, renowned D to A converter manufacturer dCS Ltd and high-end turntable manufacturers, Kronos Audio seek his expertise in representation and assistance in design. Audiophile quality microphone designer and 8 times winner of 'Best sound in show' at high-end audio equipment conventions, Laflamme uses his knowledge and unfailing instinct to match various audio components to create the best all-encompassing sound experience. The exclusive 2xHD system is the fruit of Laflamme's total experience and imagination.
- 180g Vinyl
- Mastering Engineer: Rene Laflamme at the 2xHD Mastering Lab
- Lacquers cut by Matthew Lutthans at The Mastering Lab by Acoustic Sounds
- Plated & Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
- Route 66 (Doreen Smith, voice - Bobby Troup)
- Seven Last Words Of Christ - Introduction (Monique Page, soprano / Regis Rousseau, organ - Theodore Dubois)
- Echanges Synaptiques Interdits (Frederic Alarie & Eric Chappell on double bass & octobass)
- Musicus Percussion #3 (Percussion Ensemble - Improvisation)
- Lights Of Barcelona (Marc Vallee Trio - guitar, stick and percussions)
- Libertango (Trio de Curda - cello, accordion and double bass)
- Alle, Psallite Cum, Laya (FACD 015) (Les Jongleur de la Mandragore)
- Le Violette (Anonymous tenor & harpsichord players - A. Scarlatti)
A note of caution: On Side 1, Track 2 be very careful with the playback level on first listen. The dynamics are wide, and there is a 16Hz organ tone that can cause distress to your speakers if you're not careful.