This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
From the worlds of jazz, blues, percussion ensembles, world music and classical music, this is a special compilation of analog audiophile recordings at their best, with emphasis on execution and great sound.
For the recording on this tape, the original 1/4" 15ips CCIR master tapes were played on a Nagra-T tape recorder, modified with high-end tube playback electronics, wired with OCC silver cables from the playback head direct to a Nick Doshi tube head preamplifier. The Nagra T, with its four direct drive motors, two pinch rollers and a tape tension head, is one of the best transports ever made. A custom-built carbon fiber head block and a head damping electronic system permit 2xHD Fusion to obtain more transparency and better 3D imaging. Your copy was recorded on a Nagra IV-S 1/4" at 15ips.
"This album is stunning to say the least. A reference level stuff! Do not miss this release when it's up for grabs. It really shows what a high-end system is capable or lack of!"
- Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
- Pure analogue copy
- 15IPS CCIR tape
- Recorded 'off the floor' on analog 1/2" tape at 30 ips - non-Dolby, no overdubs
- Transferred to Recording The Masters SM468 magnetic tape
- 2xHD mastering by René Laflamme
- 1 Reel
- Made in Canada
- Lights Of Barcelona - Marc Vallee Trio
- Libertango - Trio de Curda
- Seven Last Words Of Christ - Introduction - Monique Page, soprano; Regis Rousseau, organ
- Horizontal Blue - Aaron Davis, piano; David Piltch, bass; Mark Kelso, drums
- Route 66 - Doreen Smith, voice
- Le Violette - Anonymous tenor & harpsichord
- Echanges Synaptiques Interdits - Frederic Alarie, double bass; Eric Chappell, octobass
- Musicus Percussion #3 - Percussion Ensemble