Legendary 1985 UK TV Broadcast on Vinyl LP!
Featuring Carl Perkins with Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Ringo Starr & More!
Written in October 1955 and released in January 1956, "Blue Suede Shoes" was an instant classic earning a place in the history books when it became the first million-seller to cross over from the country chart to the pop and R&B listings. Swiftly covered by Elvis Presley and later The Beatles, the song remains a rock 'n' roll anthem. Fitting then that Carl Perkins, the man who wrote and first performed "Blue Suede Shoes," should be accorded a television special to celebrate its 30th anniversary. On 21st October 1985 at London's Limehouse Studios, a superstar cast of friends and fans joined Carl Perkins to record a TV special celebrating his career and the classic songs that he had recorded.
Perkins was joined on stage by George Harrison and Eric Clapton, along with other stars including Dave Edmunds, Slim Jim Phantom & Lee (Stray Cats) Rocker, plus Earl Slick and singer Rosanne Cash, daughter of the legendary Johnny Cash.
George Harrison struck up a lasting friendship with Perkins and much of the continued interest in the program lies in the prominent role played by Harrison. The former Beatle takes lead vocal on several tracks, as well as playing guitar and having a great time. The Beatles connection is even stronger in that Harrison is joined by former colleague Ringo Starr with the show representing their first reunion gig since the mid-1970s.
This album captures the concert and the all-star band performing Perkins' finest songs including "Blue Suede Shoes," "That's Alright Mama" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On."
- Vinyl LP
- Boppin' the Blues - Carl Perkins
- Put Your Cat Clothes On - Carl Perkins
- Honey, Don't - Ringo Starr
- Matchbox - Carl Perkins, Ringo Starr & Eric Clapton
- Mean Woman Blues - Carl Perkins & Eric Clapton
- Turn Around - Carl Perkins
- Jackson - Carl Perkins & Roseanne Cash
- What Kind of Girl - Roseanne Cash
- Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby - George Harrison
- Your True Love - Carl Perkins, George Harrison & Dave Edmunds
- The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise - Carl Perkins
- Medley: That's Alright Mama (Carl Perkins, George Harrision guitar solo) / Blue Moon of Kentucky (Carl Perkins, Eric Clapton guitar solo) / Night Train to Memphis (Carl Perkins)
- Glad All Over - Carl Perkins, George Harrison guitar solo
- Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Carl Perkins, Eric Clapton guitar solo
- Gone, Gone, Gone - Carl Perkins
- Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins