This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Ground-Breaking Masterpiece on Numbered, Limited Edition Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 25/500!
Tapestry, Carole King's 1971 breakthrough masterpiece, was a ground-breaking record not only for music, but for women in music. Blending soothing pop sounds with heartfelt lyrics, the album struck a universal chord, touching millions of hearts. Produced by pop luminary Lou Adler, Tapestry was #1 for 15 weeks, stayed on the charts for more than six years, and earned four Grammy Awards: Album of the Year, Record of the Year ("It's Too Late"), Song of the Year ("You've Got A Friend") and Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female.
Tapestry remains one of the best-loved albums in pop and rock history. Now, this all-time classic sounds better than ever and features two previously unreleased bonus tracks: "Out In The Cold" (recorded during the Tapestry sessions) and a live version of "Smackwater Jack" (recorded in Boston, May 1973).
Carole King brought the fledgling singer/songwriter phenomenon to the masses with Tapestry, one of the most successful albums in pop music history. A remarkably expressive and intimate record, it's a work of consummate craftsmanship. Always a superior pop composer, King reaches even greater heights as a performer; new songs like the hits 'It's Too Late' and 'I Feel the Earth Move' rank solidly with past glories, while songs like 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow,' and '(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman' take on added resonance when delivered in her own warm, compelling voice. With its reliance on pianos and gentle drumming, Tapestry is a light and airy work on its surface, occasionally skirting the boundaries of jazz, but it's also an intensely emotional record, the songs confessional and direct; in its time it connected with listeners like few records before it, and it remains an illuminating experience decades later.
On Tapestry, King remade herself as an artist and created the reigning model for the 1970s female singer-songwriter - not to mention a blockbuster pop record of enduring artistic quality.
- Numbered, Limited Edition
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer - 5.1
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
- 5.1 Surround Mix by Paul Kingberg at Glenwood Place Studios, Burbank, CA
- Assistant Engineering by Kentaro Takahishi
- Mastered By Steve Hall at Future Disc Systems, Hollywood, CA
- SACD Stereo Mix produced by Bob Irwin
- Engineered by Bob Irwin and Vic Anesini
- Mastered by Vic Anesini, Sony Music Studios, NY
- Made in EU
- I Feel The Earth Move
- So Far Away
- It's Too Late
- Home Again
- Way Over Yonder
- You've Got A Friend
- Where You Lead
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Smackwater Jack
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
- Out In The Cold (Previously Unreleased)
- Smackwater Jack (Previously Unreleased Live Version)