TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Informal
Cecil Taylor's solo piano set at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1974 drew critical acclaim, earning five star reviews from the Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide and AllMusic's Scott Yanow. The set features Taylor's five-movement work "Silent Tongues", along with two encores.
After being out of print for nearly four decades, the classic live album has been remastered at Infrasonic Mastering and pressed on audiophile-grade vinyl at Pallas Group in Germany.
Silent Tongues is a must-have for fans of Taylor and collectors of free jazz.
- Transparent Orange Vinyl
- Mastered For Vinyl by Dave Gardner at Infrasonic Mastering
- Pressed at Pallas Group in Germany
- Recorded at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland, July 2, 1974
- Abyss (First Movement), Petals & Filaments (Second Movement), Jitney (Third Movement)
- Crossing (Fourth Movement, Part One)
- Crossing (Fourth Movement, Part Two)
- After All (Fifth Movement)
- Jitney No. 2
- After All, No. 2