Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This Pure Reference Reel To Reel contains high-quality recordings as examples of 8 different types of tonal sounds including Swing Band, Saxophone, Harp, Soprano, Piano, Organ, Guitar, and Drum Kit.
The tracks on the reference demonstration tape have all been recorded with a pair of vintage valve U47 microphones in natural acoustics except for a few tracks which have been marked. Those were recorded Binaurally which can also be played on loudspeakers, therefore there are no compatibility issues. All of them have been recorded to the highest possible standard, hence the title "Reference Tape".
1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape!
Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
1/4" 15IPS CCIR
Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½" Tape
Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
No compression, limiting reverberation or equalization has been used
Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
Originally mastered at Air Studios London
Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
1. Swing Band: Ted Heath / Hawaiian War Chant *
2. Saxophone: Improvisation - David Graham
3. Harp: Falla - Spanish Dance No. 1 - Valeria Kurvatova
4. Soprano: Mozart - Durch Zartlicheit & Schmeicheln - Daisy Brown
5. Piano: Mozart - Sonata * - Graham Blyth
6. Organ: Bach - Toccata in D minor
7. Guitar: Bach - Prelude Suite No. 1 - S. Kursun
8. Drum Kit: Improvisation * - Studio Recording
* Recordings created with 2 valve U47 microphones except those marked * which were recorded Binaurally