Unheard Versions, Live Tracks & Mixes Created Exclusively for the Film on 2CD!
The album companion to the critically acclaimed film by Brett Morgen. Features unheard versions, live tracks & mixes created exclusively for the film.
Moonage Daydream illuminates the life and genius of David Bowie, one of the most prolific and influential artists of our time. Told through sublime, kaleidoscopic, never-before-seen footage, performances and music, Morgen's (The Kid Stays in the Picture, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, Jane) feature-length experiential cinematic odyssey explores Bowie's creative, musical and spiritual journey. The film is guided by Bowie's narration and is the first officially sanctioned film on the artist.
The companion album to Moonage Daydream features songs spanning Bowie's career and includes previously unheard material, unique mixes created for the film and this release, along with dialogue from Bowie himself.
Highlights include a previously unreleased live medley of "The Jean Genie / Love Me Do / The Jean Genie" recorded live at the final Ziggy Stardust concert at Hammersmith Odeon in 1973, featuring Jeff Beck on guitar. Other rarities include an early version of the Hunky Dory favorite "Quicksand" and a previously unreleased live version of "Rock 'n' Roll with Me" from the legendary 1974 Soul Tour.
The first track to be released is "Modern Love (Moonage Daydream Mix)," one of Bowie's biggest and best-loved worldwide hits. This version is a unique mix starting with the isolated piano motif from the track, building up into the chorus before ending on the a cappella backing vocals offering an insight into the individual elements that create the classic we all know and love.
Bowie cannot be explained, but he can be experienced.
- Unheard Versions
- Live Tracks
- Mixes Created Exclusively for the Film
- Dialogue from Bowie Himself
- Made in Germany
- "Time… one of the most complex expressions…"
- Ian Fish U.K. Heir (Mix 1)
- Hallo Spaceboy (Remix)
- Medley: Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud / All the Young Dudes / Oh! You Pretty Things (Live)
- Life on Mars? (2016 Mix)
- Moonage Daydream (Live)
- Medley: The Jean Genie / Love Me Do / The Jean Genie (Live) (featuring Jeff Beck)
- The Light (Excerpt)*
- Warszawa (Live)
- Quicksand (2021 Mix - Early Version)
- Medley: Future Legend / Diamonds Dogs Intro / Cracked Actor
- Rock 'n' Roll with Me (Live)
- Aladdin Sane
- Space Oddity
- V-2 Schneider
- Sound and Vision
- A New Career in a New Town
- Word on a Wing (Excerpt)
- "Heroes" (Live)
- Ashes to Ashes
- Move On (A Cappella)
- Moss Garden
- Cygnet Committee / Lazarus
- Memory of a Free Festival (Harmonium)
- Modern Love
- Let's Dance (Live)
- The Mysteries
- Rock 'n' Roll Suicide (Live)
- Ian Fish U.K. Heir (Mix 2)
- Word on a Wing
- Hallo Spaceboy (Live)
- I Have Not Been to Oxford Town (A Cappella)
- "Heroes": IV. Sons of the Silent Age (Excerpt)*
- Ian Fish U.K. Heir (Excerpt)
- Memory of a Free Festival
- "You're aware of a deeper existence…"
- "Let me tell you one thing…"
- "Well you know what, this has been an incredible pleasure…"
*Performed by Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra Conducted by Marin Alsop