A Daring, First Of Its Kind Record On Vinyl LP!
The Attractions' Original Instrumental Performances + Newly Recorded Vocals by Latin Pop & Rock Artists!
Featuring Costello's Lyrics Translated & Adapted Into Spanish!
Elvis Costello and longtime collaborator, 18-time GRAMMY® and Latin GRAMMY® award-winning producer, Sebastian Krys, have brought together a stunning international cast of some of the biggest Latin rock and pop artists from around the globe to interpret Elvis Costello and The Attractions' 1978 album, This Year's Model, entirely in Spanish. The album includes 16 tracks from the original U.S. version of This Year's Model plus several other songs from those sessions.
The inspired Spanish-language adaptations are set to the band's classic studio performances, culled from the original master recordings, which have been newly mixed by Krys, revealing a new power and intensity to The Attractions' 1978 instrumental performances. The mixes, sometimes running on, allow listeners to now hear "What Happened Next:" Costello and Mick Jones of The Clash lock dueling rhythm guitars in a thrilling coda to "Pump It Up" or Pete Thomas almost demolishing his drum kit at the end of "No Action". There is even the occasional vocal cameo appearance by the bandleader, but the album can now be enjoyed in an entirely new way.
Spanish Model features such artists as: Cami, Draco Rosa, Fito Páez, Francisca Valenzuela & Luis Humberto Navejas (lead singer of Enjambre), Gian Marco & Nicole Zignago, Jesse & Joy, Jorge Drexler, Juanes, La Marisoul, Luis Fonsi, Morat, Nina Diaz, Pablo López, Raquel Sofía & Fuego, Sebastián Yatra, and Vega. They sing these timeless and universal songs, which have been expertly translated and adapted into Spanish to retain their meaning, energy, attitude, and wit. The concept represents what may be a first: an artist replacing their vocals with newly recorded performances by other artists singing in another language, backed by the original music.
Spanish Model exudes the same kind of energy and spirit as the original but with a Latin twist. With 19 featured artists representing 10 countries and territories across the Spanish-speaking world including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, plus several from the United States, the album is truly a global, collaborative affair. Costello's spiky guitars collide with bandmates Steve Nieve's carnival-esque keys and the urgent, propulsive rhythms of bassist Bruce Thomas and drummer Pete Thomas, as The Attractions virtually back a host of Latin music legends, contemporary stars and burgeoning artists for a set of thrilling Spanish-language performances imbued with each artist's singular identity and style.
- Vinyl LP
- The Attractions' original 1978 instrumental performances with newly recorded vocals by Latin pop & rock artists
- Elvis Costello's lyrics translated & adapted into Spanish
- Gatefold jacket
- No Action - Nina Diaz
- (Yo No Quiero Ir A) Chelsea [(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea] - Raquel Sofía y Fuego
- Yo Te Vi (The Beat) - Draco Rosa
- Pump It Up - Juanes
- Detonantes (Little Triggers) - La Marisoul
- Tu Eres Para Mi (You Belong To Me) - Luis Fonsi
- Hand In Hand - Francisca Valenzuela y Luis Humberto Navejas
- La Chica de Hoy (This Year's Girl) - Cami
- Mentira (Lip Service) - Pablo López
- Viviendo en el Paraiso (Living In Paradise) - Jesse & Joy
- Lipstick Vogue - Morat
- La Turba (Night Rally) - Jorge Drexler
- Llorar (Big Tears) - Sebastián Yatra
- Radio Radio - Fito Páez
- Crawling To The U.S.A. - Gian Marco y Nicole Zignago
- Se Esta Perdiendo La Inocencia (Running Out Of Angels) - Vega