Another AMS Records exclusive, another Cinevox rarity, this time brought forth over 40 years ago by the genius of Ennio Morricone, in the heyday of Italian underground cinema, years when true masterpieces were made, often innovative from various points of view (plot, photography, colors, settings, screenplay...).
4 Mosche di Velluto Grigio (4 Flies on Grey Velvet) ends the so-called 'animal trilogy' by Dario Argento, and sees the director in an absolutely inspired moment, yet probably unconscious that he'll leave an indelible mark on the history of world cinema with his following works. This movie, for some reasons, was never officially released on videotape - apart from an obscure French edition - and only recently has finally been issued on optical disc. Meanwhile, only a 45rpm single was released from the soundtrack, before the full soundtrack was fully recovered in the '90s.
In '4 Flies ...' Morricone wrote one of his most "rock-oriented" soundtracks - without, of course, neglecting his indelible touch - and also thanks to the fact that the protagonist of the film is a rock drummer. You hear echoes of Deep Purple - not surprisingly given that Argento wanted them to score the movie initially, and it is no coincidence that his most famous film is titled Deep Red.
- Limited Edition
- Clear Vinyl
- Gatefold jacket
|Edda Dell'Orso||solo vocal|
|I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni|
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Suite I)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Suite II)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Suite III)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Suite IV)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Shake)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Suite V)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Titoli)
- 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Titoli - Vers. Alt.)
- Come Un Madrigale (Vers. Singolo)
- Come Un Madrigale (Vers. Alt.)