"Bat Country" Black Vinyl Double LP!
Secret Inscriptions In Run-Out Grooves!
Hunter S. Thompson's weird and hallucinatory book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was in 1998 translated to the screen by director Terry Gilliam, and stars Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro as Raoul Duke and Dr. Gonzo. The film details the duo's journey through Las Vegas as their initial journalistic intentions devolve into an exploration of the city under the influence of psychoactive substances. The music is perfectly fitting in the psychedelic story of the movie. It contains songs used in the film with sound bites of the film before each song. The psychedelic and classic rock songs on the soundtrack includes songs from Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, Buffalo Springfield, The Yardbirds, Tom Jones and the Dead Kennedys. The movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a financial failure, but later gained a cult following and was eventually included in many "best of" movie lists.
The 21st anniversary Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas edition is available for the first time on vinyl, as a limited individually numbered edition of 2500 copies pressed on "Bat Country" black vinyl. This release got a laser etched D-side and secret inscriptions in the run-out grooves and contains an exclusive fold-out movie poster.
• Numbered, Limited Edition "Bat Country" Black Vinyl - 2500 Copies
• 21st Anniversary Edition
• 180g Vinyl
• Double LP
• First time on vinyl
• Legendary dialogues from the movie
• Fear and Loathing laser etch on D-Side
• Secret Inscriptions in Run-Out Grooves
• Exclusive fold-out movie poster
• Gatefold jacket
• PVC Protective sleeve
• Made in the EU
1. Dialogue / Combination Of The Two - performed by Big Brother & The Holding Company
2. Dialogue / One Toke Over The Line - performed by Brewer And Shipley
3. Dialogue / She's A Lady - performed by Tom Jones
4. Dialogue / For Your Love - performed by The Yardbirds
5. Dialogue / White Rabbit - performed by Jefferson Airplane
6. Dialogue / A Drug Score-Part 1 (Acid Spill) - performed by Tomoyasu Hotei And Ray Cooper
1. Dialogue / Get Together - performed by The Youngbloods
2. Dialogue / Mama Told Me Not To Come - performed by Three Dog Night
3. Dialogue / Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - performed by Bob Dylan
4. Dialogue / Time Is Tight - performed by Booker T. & The MGs
1. Dialogue / Magic Moments - performed by Perry Como
2. Dialogue / A Drug Score-Part 2 (Adrenochrome, The Devil's Dance) - performed by Tomoyasu Hotei And Ray Cooper
3. Tammy - performed by Debbie Reynolds
4. Dialogue / A Drug Score-Part 3 (Flashbacks) - performed by Tomoyasu Hotei And Ray Cooper
5. Dialogue / Expecting To Fly - performed by Buffalo Springfield
6. Dialogue / Viva Las Vegas - performed by The Dead Kennedys