Mastered by Gavin Lurssen at Lurssen Mastering!
Includes Music Performed By Bob Dylan, Justin Timberlake, Marcus Mumford, Punch Brothers, Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan & More!
T Bone Burnett produced the 14-song collection which provides the soundtrack to the Joel & Ethan Coen's 2013 film "Inside Llewyn Davis". It's the Coen brothers' 4th collaboration with Burnett, whose soundtrack to their 2000 film O Brother, Where Art Thou? won five Grammys including Album of the Year and Producer of the Year. Inside Llewyn Davis recently won the Grand Prix at the Cannes International Film Festival.
The album includes 12 new recordings made especially for the film and soundtrack plus an existing recording by Dave Van Ronk. Also featured is a never-before-released version of Bob Dylan performing his song Farewell, which was recorded during the sessions for his album The Times They Are A-Changin' and is available exclusively on this soundtrack.
Audiences just heard a clean, hard crack: the Coen brothers hit one out of the park. The musical interludes are stunning. The Guardian
A great film by two American masters, the Coens have taken a real time and place and freely made it their own, drawing on actual persons and events for inspiration, but binding themselves only to their own bountiful imaginations. The result is playful and evocative. There is also the joy of the music itself, exquisitely arranged by T Bone Burnett and sung live on set by the actors themselves. The soundtrack is stupendous. Variety
Inside Llewyn Davis follows a week in the life of a young folk singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Llewyn Davis (Oscar Isaac) is at a crossroads. Guitar in tow, huddled against the unforgiving New York winter, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstaclessome of them of his own making. Living at the mercy of both friends and strangers, scaring up what work he can find, Davis misadventures take him from the basket houses of the Village to an empty Chicago clubon an odyssey to audition for music mogul Bud Grossmanand back again. Brimming with music performed by Isaac and Justin Timberlake and Carey Mulligan, as well as Marcus Mumford and Punch Brothers, Inside Llewyn Davisin the tradition of O Brother, Where Art Thou?is infused with the transportive sound of another time and place.
Mastered by Gavin Lurssen at Lurssen Mastering, Hollywood, CA
Pressed at Record Industry, The Netherlands
Old-style casewrapped jacket
1. Hang Me, Oh Hang Me (Oscar Isaac)
2. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) (Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac)
3. The Last Thing On My Mind (Stark Sands w/Punch Brothers)
4. Five Hundred Miles (Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan, Sstark Sands)
5. Please Mr. Kennedy (Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake, Adam Driver)
6. Green, Green Rocky Road (Oscar Isaac)
1. The Death of Queen Jane (Oscar Isaac)
2. The Storms Are On The Ocean (Nancy Blake)
3. The Shoals of Herring (Oscar Isaac w/Punch Brothers)
4. The Auld Triangle (Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake, Gabe Witcher)
5. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) (Oscar Isaac)
6. Farewell (Bob Dylan)
7. Green, Green Rocky Road (Dave Van Ronk)