Fingerstyle guitarist John Fahey followed on the success of his first Christmas record, 1968s The New Possibility, with this 1975 title. Though the track list features traditional titles, the acoustic, solo and duet arrangements are anything but. Fahey plucks his way across the melodies, taking each song to surreal, new heights.
Available as a standalone album for the first time in 30 years, the LP is pressed on 180-gram vinyl, and is housed in a tip-on jacket, per the original packaging.
1. Oh Holy Night (feat. Richard Ruskin)
2. Christmas Medley: Oh Tannenbaum / Angels We Have Heard On High / Jingle bells (feat. Richard Ruskin)
3. Russian Christmas Overture (feat. Richard Ruskin)
4. White Christmas
5. Carol Of The Bells (feat. Richard Ruskin)
6. Christmas Fantasy Part One
7. Christmas Fantasy Part Two