What an outstanding compilation of artists who played at the International Pop Underground Convention in 1991. You read the performers list: from Bratmobile, to Courtney Love, to Bikini Kill, to Nirvana, to 7 Year Bitch. This is a beautiful 'snapshot' of the best of the early '90s west coast, and perhaps more importantly and as the liner notes accurately put it, "all of these bands have faith in the future of punk rock and they are, without question, punk rock."
If there was a single compilation of "Grunge" this would be it. Between Bikini Kill, Infamous Menagere and Nirvana, you really get a sense of what was going on during the early 1990s.
It's not over the top to say that this is a slice of music revolution.
Kill Rock Stars is an excellent various-artists collection capturing the essence of early-'90s indie-rock pop underground. It's divided equally between amateurish indie-pop, abrasive punk and riot grrrl, featuring many of the best underground bands of that time, including Bratmobile, Mecca Normal, Bikini Kill, Unwound, Nation Of Ulysses, Some Velvet Sidewalk, Nirvana, and Lois performing under the name Courtney Love.
- 30th Anniversary
- Limited Edition
- Clear Vinyl
- Foil stamped jacket
- Girl Germs- Bratmobile
- Loch Ness - Some Velvet Sidewalk
- Don't Mix The Colors - Courtney Love
- N.O.U. Cooking With Gas! - The Nation Of Ulysses
- You Speak Jealousy - Unwound
- Narrow - Mecca Normal
- Beeswax - Nirvana
- Feels Blind - Bikini Kill
- The Reaper Song - Witchy Poo
- Ever Since My Accident - Melvins
- Immediate Impound Zone - Infamous Menagerie
- Make You Come - Kicking Giant
- Everybody And Their Dog - Fitz Of Depression
- Red Dress - Jad Fair