The Music of Tchaikovsky & Rimsky-Korsakov on Hybrid SACD!
History, Heritage, & Fate Combine in This Recording from Gianandrea Noseda & the London Symphony Orchestra!
Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony, brimming over with drama and emotional intensity, charts a course from darkness to a final, life-affirming glimmer of optimism. Composed in 1888 and conducted by Tchaikovsky for its November premiere that year, the symphony makes use of a recurring main 'Fate theme' to bring together the work's four movements.
Rimsky-Korsakov dug deep into Russian legends and folk tales for his opera, The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh. Follow the mythical, magical story of the 'Russian Atlantis' in this orchestral suite, told through the composer's glittering orchestral palette.
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Includes High-Density Stereo & Surround Tracks That Can Be Read by SACD Players
- Manufactured in Austria
- Total Playing Time: 66'45"
- Recorded Live in DSD, November 2019 in the Barbican Hall, London
|London Symphony Orchestra|
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
Symphony No.5 in E minor, Op.64
- I. Andante - Allegro Con Anima
- II. Andante Cantabile, Con Alcuna Licenza - Moderato Con Anima - Andante Mosso - Allegro Non Troppo
- III. Valse. Allegro Moderato
- IV. Finale. Andante Maestoso - Allegro Vivace - Molto Vivace - Moderato Assai E Molto Maestoso - Presto - Molto Meno Mosso
Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908)
The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and the Maiden Fevroniya - Suite
- I. Prelude. a Hymn to Nature
- II. Wedding Procession - Tartar Invasion
- III. the Battle of Kerzhenets
- IV. Blessed Death of Fevroniya and Apotheosis of the Invisible City