Matthew Sweet hit the road to tour for 1993's sprawling masterpiece Altered Beast, giving birth to this wild Son Of Altered Beast. While two tracks were studio-derived, the rest are ripping live tracks including a mind-blowing cover of Neil Young's "Don't Cry No Tears", a deep cut from Young's underrated Zuma.
Son Of Altered Beast is must-have for Sweet fans, a fascinating window into the live power of Matthew at his most prolific and perhaps peak period as an artist.
Son Of Altered Beast is remastered Direct-to-DSD from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound. The tapes are beautifully full, warm and dynamic, and Intervention's remaster is a dramatic improvement over the '90s era CD, which in comparison is very hard and glassy sounding. This is a rip-roaring, guitar-soaked (mostly) live record that Sweet fans will hear like it's the first time!
- Artist-Approved Edition
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Remastered Direct-to-DSD From Original Analog Master Tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound
- Super jewel box packaging
- Disc made in Germany
- Packaged in USA
- Devil With The Green Eyes (Remix)
- Superdeformed (Live)
- Someone To Pull The Trigger (Live)
- Knowing People (Live)
- I Wanted To Tell You (Live)
- Don't Cry No Tears (Live)
- Ultrasuede (Studio Outtake)