On his third Blue Note album pianist McCoy Tyner assembled a quartet with vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson, bassist Herbie Lewis and drummer Freddie Waits for an album rich in ethereal textures that delivers visceral performances of three expansive Tyner originals and three radically reinvented standards.
This stereo Tone Poet Vinyl Edition was produced by Joe Harley, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original analog master tapes, pressed on 180g vinyl at RTI, and packaged in a deluxe gatefold tip-on jacket.
- 180g Vinyl LP
- Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series
- Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio from Original Analog Master Tapes
- Produced by Joe Harley
- Pressed at RTI
- Deluxe Gatefold Tip-On Jacket
- African Village
- Little Madimba
- May Street
- I Didn't Know What Time It Was (From the musical production Too Many Girls)
- The Surrey with the Fringe on Top (From the musical production Oklahoma)
- I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face (From the musical production My Fair Lady)