Music For The Stars is a collection of songs that may lend themselves to the end of the night in headphones. Like when you would gather of an evening with the compilation tapes you made, introducing each other to new songs you found, some of which would remain with you forever. You would sit there until late, and could lay back and watch the stars.
From the Two-Piers label that brought you the acclaimed Pop Psychédeliqué (The Best Of French Pop 1964-2019) comes the new compilation Music For The Stars (Celestial Music 1960-1979), a collection of laid back, late night songs perfect for lying back and losing yourself in the moment.
Includes tracks from legends such as Willie Nelson, Lonnie Liston Smith and Nina Simone, the English folk sound of Bill Fay and Kevin Ayres, the tortured genius of Tim Buckley, from the '60s West Coast scene The Electric Prunes, to the sonic sounds of Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, and the soulful beauty of Shuggie Otis.
From the beginning of the evening with Alexander "Skip" Spence, until later that night when Willie Nelson may end a tape and it's time to walk home - sit back and lose yourselves in Music For The Stars.
Two-Piers is a new label born in COVID lockdown formed by four people who forgot to get a proper job putting out re-issues and compilations which need to be heard. No boundaries.
- Limited Edition
- Transparent Amethyst Vinyl
- Double LP
- Alexander 'Skip' Spence - Broken Heart / 1969
- Fred Neil - I've Got a Secret (Didn't We Shake Sugaree) / 1967
- John Fahey - Jesus Is a Dying Bedmaker / 1971
- Bert Jansch - Poison / 1969
- Roedelius - Balsam / 1979
- Shuggie Otis - Jennie Lee / 1970
- Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band - Observatory Crest / 1974
- Kevin Ayres - May I? / 1970
- The Electric Prunes - Holy Are You / 1968
- Eden Ahbez – Eden's Island / 1960
- Nina Simone - Come Ye / 1967
- Damon - The Night / 1968
- Lonnie Liston Smith and the Cosmic Echoes - Sais (Egypt) / 1974
- Kathy Smith – It's Taking So Long / 1971
- Tim Buckley - Buzzin' Fly / 1969
- Bill Fay - I Hear You Calling / 1971
- Gene Clark - With Tomorrow / 1971
- Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain / 1975